Oven Roasted Bok Choy is a very easy and delicious side dish, ready in 20 minutes and loaded with garlic flavor these will become an instant favorite. Vegan and Gluten Free, but with lots of flavor!
This post contains affiliate links at NO extra cost to you, I just like sharing the things I love and work for me.
Oven Roasted Bok Choy is one of the easiest and tastiest side dishes you will make. They are a favorite in our house and pair well with so many main courses. Just recently we have served Oven Roasted Bok Choy with this succulent Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork. The Oven Roasted Bok Choy is loaded with lots of minced garlic, red pepper flakes and sea salt. Roasted to perfection it becomes crispy, garlicky and incredibly tasty. The preparation is very easy, you just toss all the ingredients on a baking sheet and roast. After 20 minutes you get to enjoy garlicky baby bok choy.
- You can use this recipe for regular or baby bok choy, it will work great either way, juts make sure you keep a closer look on roasting time when cooking the baby bok choy, they will be done sooner
- Seasoning is key, imagine the bok choy is a clean sheet and you have to paint it with you favorite flavors, using fresh minced garlic is great, I recommend it over the pre minced packaged garlic, that doesn’t have enough flavor
- For a little heat, sprinkle red pepper flakes over the bok choy for even more heat toss them in some chili powder and if you want to go really crazy, drizzle a bit of Sriracha sauce right before roasting
- Use good quality oil, for roasting at high temperatures I use avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil, you can also use infused extra virgin olive oil to add even more flavor
- Roast a big batch as the bok choy tends to reduce in volume and make sure you don’t over roast
- Be careful with the salt, so you don’t end up with super salty baby bok choy
- Sheet Pan – I love these pans, they are 17×12 inches and also have a lifetime warranty, great for so many recipes, I have a few in my kitchen and I use them for sweet and savory recipes
- Organic Olive Oil – olive oil can make or break a dish, I always opt for organic, high quality oil to add to my marinades and salads
- Red Pepper Flakes – we sprinkle these on everything, they are great for cooking but also on top of salads and pizza
- 1½ lbs baby bok choy, washed*
- 1 whole head of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons (or less) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds - optional
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Position oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line a 17inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice and remove the bottom part of the bok choy, I usually slice off about ½ inch. Wash the baby bok choy and dry using paper towels.
- Lay bok choy evenly on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt, red pepper flakes and ground black pepper. Add the minced garlic over the bok choy and distribute evenly.
- Roast for 10 minutes, flip the bok choy onto the other side and roast for another 6-8 minutes, until the leaves become crispy and start to brown.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.