Instant Pot Baked Apples are sweet, tasty, and perfectly cooked in the pressure cooker in just a few minutes. You will never cook apples any other way once you try this recipe!
This is the perfect dessert for us. It is healthy, delicious, vegan and gluten-free. For more healthy desserts, check out these paleo coconut crack bars, keto pancakes, or roasted butternut squash trifle.
Easy Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples
These Instant Pot Baked Apples are one of our favorite desserts. We are huge apple lovers and bake them quite often. Some of our followers asked us to post this recipe, and we are quite happy to share it.
It is truly an easy way to cook the apples, and they turn out quite delicious, full of flavor, with a buttery and rich taste. They are perfect as a snack, for breakfast, or dessert. We love to stuff them with walnuts and flavor with some cinnamon.
However, they are very versatile and can be stuffed with any toppings. Other favorites are pecans, raisins, butter, and brown sugar. No matter how you stuff them, they are guaranteed to be a huge hit.
This is a perfect homemade recipe that the whole family will enjoy. It is also great to serve on the holiday dinner tables with a scoop of ice-cream on the side!
WHAT ARE THE BEST APPLES FOR BAKED APPLES?
Any apples will work great for this recipe, and we always try to use them when in season. Also, for better taste, try to go with sweet and tart texture, as they hold well when cooked under pressure. Some of our favorites are:
- Granny Smith
- Honey Crisp
- Pink Lady
How to make Instant Pot Baked Apples?
Making them in the pressure cooker is definitely our favorite way of cooking them. Prior to cooking, ensure to always pick fresh and good looking apples. Then, wash them and cut out the center to make room for the filling.
Next, prepare the filling and stuff the apples. Once they are ready to go, place them on a trivet, add some water to the pot, close the lid and cook for 5-8 minutes, depending on the type of apples. Allow some time for Natural Pressure Release, and then it’s done!
What are the best fillings for Instant Pot BAKED APPLES?
We like to flavor them with walnuts, some brown sugar, and cinnamon. However, the possibilities are endless, and you can stuff and flavor them based on your liking. Some of our recommended flavors would be:
- Cranberries, pecans, brown sugar and raisin.
- Pecan, dates, and raising.
- Hazelnuts and coconut flakes.
- Ladyfinger with cinnamon spices.
- Buttery with spiced-brown sugar, and oats.
- Pumpkin pie spices
How to make Slow Cooker Baked Apples?
Making them in the crockpot is also a great alternative. To make this recipe in the slow cooker, follow the below steps:
- Wash, and core the apples and add then stuff them with the filling.
- Place them at the bottom of the slow cooker, add some water, and then cover the lid.
- Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours, or HIGH for 2-2.5 hours.
How to make baked apples in the oven?
Follow the same steps above up to placing the apples in the pot. Once you have them filled, arrange them into a baking dish. Pour about 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until tender.
- Please note the cooking time might vary by 1-2 minutes based on the kind of apples you use. If not sure, we recommend to cook them for 7 minutes on high pressure, and if the additional time needed, add them back and cook for an additional 2 minutes or so.
- A safer way to clean them would be to use a melon baller to remove the core and seeds from your apples.
- Also, ensure to make a decent size hole in them so you can fill them properly.
- We recommend to enjoy them warm, right after cooking.
- To store them, simply ensure the apples are completely cooled. Then, transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 7 minutes Total time: 17 mins
- 4 medium apples
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water in the inner liner of the Instant Pot. Add a trivet with handles or a steamer basket.
- Wash well and after that core the apples, leaving the bottom intact for the filling in. Make a well, that will hold the filling, by scooping some of the flesh.
- In a small now mix the butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, walnuts, and raisins together. Fill the apples with the mixture, distributing evenly between the 4 apples.
- Arrange the apples on the trivet in the pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid and point the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- Press the Pressure for 7 minutes, followed by a 5 minutes Natural Pressure Release, after which release any remaining pressure manually. If the apples are a bit firm, pressure cook for 2 more minutes.
- Open the lid and use tongs to transfer the apples to serving plates. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.