Gingerbread Fudge is a festive treat packed with creamy white chocolate and warm spices. It tastes like Christmas in a candy bar and beyond easy to make!
Reduce the stress of holiday cooking with no-bake desserts! Caramel Dipped Bosc Pears, Pumpkin Mousse, White Chocolate Raspberry Truffles are delicious and elegant. Best of all, they take almost no effort to make!
No-Bake Gingerbread Fudge
Gingerbread Fudge is the ultimate Christmas sweet. Sure, you can make it any time of the year, but it tastes extra special when enjoyed around the holidays. It’s infused with classic Christmas spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg, blended with creamy condensed milk and white chocolate. It’s so pretty too, with those white and blue sprinkles!
If you’ve never made candy from scratch before, consider this your introduction to the wonderful world of homemade sweets. It’s such a forgiving, beginner-friendly recipe. And most of all, it’s delicious and a sure hit with everyone. Perfect as a thoughtful edible gift, too!
What is fudge?
It’s a confection made of sugar and dairy (like butter and milk). These are combined, then heated until it hits the soft-ball stage, then cooking it down until it’s firm and ready to be sliced.
Now, this recipe is particular is white chocolate fudge. Aside from the basic ingredients above, we also add chocolate to the mix. The result is a soft and creamy candy that’s so yummy, it’s hard to have just one!
Do you need a candy thermometer to make fudge?
For this recipe, no. That’s what makes it such an easy treat to make! You simply heat the ingredients together until it’s perfectly smooth, and you’re done. The only thing left is to let it firm up before enjoying!
What do you need to make Gingerbread Fudge?
- White chocolate: This is our star flavor, so get the finest quality you can get!
- Condensed milk: Creamy, sweet, and helps the candy mixture come together.
- Molasses: Adds delicious caramel notes to this treat and helps the bars retain softness.
- Butter: Use good-quality unsalted.
- Vanilla: Elevates all other flavors in this treat.
- Spices: We’re using classic holiday spices like cinnamon, powdered nutmeg, ground ginger and cloves, and allspice.
- Sprinkles: I like using white and blue here, but you can certainly use any color you wish!
How do you make Gingerbread Fudge?
- Heat the fudge mixture. Melt the chocolate with the condensed milk, molasses, butter until perfectly creamy and free of lumps. Next, thoroughly whisk in the extract and spices.
- Cool and allow to firm up. Pour in a foil-covered pan and sprinkle the surface with sprinkles. Leave to firm up, about 2 hrs in the fridge and 4 hrs room temp.
- Serve. Slice into bars and enjoy!
Why is my fudge too soft?
You may have used too much molasses or condensed milk. Make sure to measure your ingredients very carefully.
Another reason is that you haven’t given it enough time to set and get firm. In this case, just pop it in the fridge to firm up some more.
- Add toppings: Sprinkle the top with white chocolate or cinnamon chips, dried fruits, sprinkles with different colors and shapes (try gold and silver!), nuts, crushed spiced cookies, or chocolate drizzle.
- Skip the spices: For a pure white chocolate flavor, skip the spices and molasses, and add some marshmallow cream instead.
- Make it thinner: Use a bigger baking pan if you prefer thinner bars!
- Use other chocolates: Try it with dark chocolate if you like it better than white.
How to store fudge:
Kept in an air-tight container, this treat will stay fresh for up to 4 weeks at room temp, and can even last up to 8 weeks! Storing it in the fridge will make it last even longer.
Can you freeze fudge?
- Sure, you can! That’s why it’s such a perfect holiday recipe because you can make it months ahead, freeze, and have it ready to go any time you need. Pack it in an air-tight, freezer-friendly container and store it in the freezer for several months.
- Sweet Potato Pie Cupcakes
- Best Mint Chocolate Chip Cake
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies
- Basil Blood Orange Pound Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Pretzel Bites
- For beautiful, clean slices, wipe your knife clean after every cut.
- Add the sprinkles while hot, so it sticks really well to the surface.
Gingerbread Fudge Recipe
Gingerbread Fudge is a festive treat packed with creamy white chocolate and warm spices.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 3 hrs 20 mins