Cookies and Cream Cookies are pillowy and creamy treats loaded with chocolate and crunchy bits of Oreos. It is the perfect Christmas dessert and it takes only one bite to get hooked!
It’s impossible to have enough Oreos! If you love them as I do, then try this super-rich Dream Extreme Oreo Cheesecake and these Oreo Brownies. Also, give a try to this Oreo Buttercream, you’ll want to put it on every dessert you bake!
Christmas Cookies and Cream Cookies
Cookies and Cream Cookies are incredibly indulgent. Not only does the dough have Oreos and mini chocolate but it also has cream cheese for that soft and tender creaminess that’s so addicting. It’s also a wonderful blend of crunchy and creamy textures.
Best of all, everyone absolutely adores them. It is surely one of the best desserts to serve during the holiday season. Also, if you are looking for a quick and delicious treat for potluck, birthdays, parties, brunch, then this is the one to go!
The only problem I’ve had is not bringing enough. Learn from my mistakes and always make a BIG batch. You won’t regret it!
What are Cookies ’n’ Cream desserts?
It’s one of the yummiest dessert flavors if you ask me! Also, it’s more popular as a milkshake or ice cream, but the basic flavor profile is the same— crushed dark cocoa sandwich cookies blended into a milky, vanilla base.
Who invented Cookies and Cream cookies?
Ice cream companies like Blue Bell, Edy’s, and Dryer’s say they did. South Dakota State University also says the same thing, as do Jodi Sue Kaufman from Ohio (1977), David Baddor from Florida (1979), and a lot more.
Ultimately, we may never know, because so many people lay claim to this iconic flavor. I get it because it would be awesome to be the one who gave the world one of the top 5 flavors of all time!
What do you need to make cookies and cream cookies?
- Butter: Leave it to reach room temp before baking, so that it blends much easier with the other dough components.
- Cream cheese: Brick-style, softened a little.
- White and light brown sugar: Keep these treats soft while helping them spread just right, plus adds perfect sweetness.
- 1 egg + 1 yolk: For richness.
- Vanilla extract and salt: Boost every other flavor!
- Flour: We need very little of this, just for structure.
- Corn starch: The key to thick but soft results.
- Baking soda: Provides the lift we need for fluffiness!
- Oreos: Crush half, and break half into chunks.
- Chocolate chips: Makes any dessert 100x better!
How to make Cookies and Cream Cookies?
- Make the dough. Cream both of the sugars and room-temp butter together with the cream cheese, followed by the pure vanilla then the egg. To this, add the flour mixture which includes the salt, a little cornstarch, and your baking soda. Follow with the chopped and crushed Oreos, and finish by folding the chocolates in.
- Chill. Leave covered in the fridge for around 30 mins. This allows the dough to keep its shape while baking.
- Bake. Next, scoop balls of dough into your sheet, and bake at 350F just until their edges are golden.
- Cool. Dot the surface with more chips. Cool completely.
- Enjoy. Pair with a glass of milk and enjoy!
- Play with Oreo flavors: There are so many types of Oreos out there to try! Try this with some vanilla or dark chocolate thins, caramel flavor, red velvet, Golden Stuf, white fudge, birthday cake— have fun with it!
- Use other chips: Also terrific with white chips, nutty peanut butter, and caramel chips.
- Drizzle: For a truly indulgent dessert, drizzle with melted chocolate or caramel sauce.
- Use other mix-ins: Try this with pretzel bits and chopped nuts.
Why are my cookies flat?
There are two possibilities why they turn out flat. The first one could be due to the fact that you used too soft butter. Another one could be because you didn’t chill them for enough time.
Both will cause these treats to spread more than you want. Therefore, it is important to try chilling the remaining batch longer.
Why are my cookies not tender?
You may have overbaked them, or used too much flour. Always use an oven thermometer to ensure that your oven is at the right temp.
In addition, try using a weighing scale to precisely measure out your ingredients.
How to store them?
You want to avoid exposing them to air so they don’t lose that lovely tenderness.
First, cool everything completely. Then, put them in a tightly-sealed container with a piece of bread inside to maintain moisture. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How to freeze them?
Once they’re cool, place them in a sealed container and keep frozen for up to 2 months. Parchment squares between each piece are perfect to prevent them from sicking.
You can also freeze them on a flat surface, then store them away after.
More Holiday desserts:
- Apple Pie Caramel Cheesecake
- German Chocolate Cupcakes
- Classic Tres Leches Cake
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- DON’T SKIP the chilling part.
- Also, try using a kitchen scale for accurate measurements.
- Use brick-style instead of spreadable cream cheese.
Cookies and Cream Cookies
Cookies and Cream Cookies are pillowy and creamy treats loaded with chocolate and crunchy bits of Oreos.
Prep time: 45 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 55 mins