Pumpkin Madeleines have a subtle cinnamon and pumpkin flavor, while still delivering the sweet and buttery taste of the classic Madeleine cookies.
Pumpkin Madeleines Recipe Tips
Every time I go to Starbucks to get my vanilla latte fix, I grab a handful of Madeleines. Because they are pretty, have buttery taste and soft texture, they are simply irresistible! These Pumpkin Madeleines are incredibly easy to make. In just under 30 minutes from start to finish, you will have the most gorgeous Madelines to enjoy!
These originally French cookies just got so much better, with a subtle pumpkin flavor that adds a nice orange color and some cinnamon to enhance their fall flavor. These Pumpkin Madeleines would be perfectly served with some spiced tea or enjoyed with a classic pumpkin latte that we will soon start seeing everywhere.
I love how the pumpkin slightly changed the texture of these cookies, they became denser, but still maintained their softness and tender crumb. These Pumpkin Madeleines covered in that cinnamon cream cheese frosting are the perfect afternoon treat.
What do you need to make Pumpkin Madeleines?
- Large Eggs
- Unsalted Butter
- Pumpkin Puree
- You will need a special madeleine pan
What is a Madeleine?
Madeleine is a traditional small cake typically baked in a shell-shaped mold which originates from France. They are often decorated with coconut, cinnamon cream and jam, and are extremely delicious!
What is pumpkin puree vs canned pumpkin?
Canned pumpkin is just cooked, pureed pumpkin. Canned pumpkin or pumpkin pie filling is flavored with spices like cinnamon, clove, allspice and ginger, and is also sweetened.
How do you freeze Madeleine?
The Madeleines can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. Before freezing the Madeleine, do not dust them with sugar until you are about to serve. Store them in airtight container and freeze them in a double wrapping of plastic wrap for several months.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 12 minutes Total time: 27 mins
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted, cooled slightly + 2 tablespoons melted for greasing the pans or grease with baking spray)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- Powdered sugar
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare 2 large madeleine pans and generously grease with butter and dust with a tad of flour.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs with 2/3 cup sugar until blended. Beat in pumpkin puree, cinnamon and salt. Add flour and beat just until blended. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add cooled melted butter and beat just until blended.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each madeleine indentation in pan. Bake until puffed and brown, about 11-13 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan and after gently remove from the pan and place on a serving dish.
- Once cookies have cooled dust with powdered sugar or decorate with the cream cheese frosting.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Work on the frosting while the cookies are baking.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together butter, cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon until light and fluffy. Drizzle over the apple bacon muffins.