Pumpkin Pound Cake is sweet, buttery, and full of pumpkin pie flavor. Topped with a hefty amount of white chocolate whipped ganache, makes it the perfect fall treat.
It’s officially pumpkin season, and I can post recipes without getting the stinky eye from people who can’t say goodbye to summer! Other reader’s favorite pumpkin seasonal cakes are Pumpkin Poke Cake, Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake, and Pumpkin Pie Creme Brulee.
Pumpkin Pound Cake Recipe Tips
Pumpkin Pound Cake with White Chocolate Ganache is such a seasonal treat. Finally, canned pumpkin hit the shelves in grocery stores, and I fully packed my cart. Also, the pureed pumpkin makes it dense and soft, and very aromatic. The light orange color is extremely cute!
The pumpkin spice makes this butter dessert irresistible and perfect for the holidays. With a sweet, dense, and buttery texture, each bite melts into your mouth with deliciousness.
Well, I couldn’t resist and topped mine with some white chocolate whipped ganache and it just made it a thousand times better. We know that chocolate makes everything better, don’t we? But I must say that white chocolate and pumpkin were meant to be served together, the flavors just work so well together, and complement each other nicely.
Enjoy a slice for breakfast with a pumpkin spice latte this season. If you are one of those people who appreciate a good pumpkin flavor you must make it as soon as possible.
What do you need to make Pumpkin Pound Cake?
- Cream cheese
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin spice
- Pureed pumpkin
What is pumpkin puree vs canned pumpkin?
Canned pumpkin is just cooked pureed pumpkin. Canned pumpkin or pumpkin pie filling is flavored with spices like cinnamon, clove, allspice, and ginger, and is also sweetened.
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?
Yes! Making pumpkin puree from fresh pumpkin is easy, and you can definitely substitute the canned pumpkin for fresh pureed pumpkin. To Make Pumpkin Puree from scratch follow the bellow method:
- First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Then, cut the pumpkin in half and remove seeds and pulp. Cover each half with foil.
- Next, bake in the preheated oven, foil side up, 1 hour, or until tender.
- Lastly, with a fork, scrape pumpkin meat from shell halves and puree in a blender.
- Strain to remove any remaining stringy pieces. Store in the freezer in freezer-safe bags.
How to freeze pumpkin pound cake?
Pumpkin pound cake can be easily frozen. Cool the pound cake completely. Then, fully wrap it in plastic wrap tightly. Next, wrap in aluminum foil or place it in freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost before slicing.
- When baking, if the loaf is brown on top and on the edges after about 45-minutes, but is still undone, cover it with an aluminum foil before continuing the baking to prevent it from burning.
- This pound cake can be served with the glaze as well, or you can make a simple icing with powdered sugar and milk.
- Make sure you let the pound cake fully cool before topping it with the glaze.
- You can make the same recipe just using sweet potato puree.
Pumpkin Pound Cake
Pumpkin Pound Cake is sweet, buttery and full of pumpkin pie flavor. Topped with a hefty amount of white chocolate whipped ganache, makes it the perfect fall treat.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes Total time: 1 hr 30 mins
Pumpkin Pound Cake:
White Chocolate Whipped Ganache: