Last updated on December 30th, 2022 at 05:41 am
Peanut Butter Blondies are full of peanut butter, with a buttery and soft center. They are super easy to make and loved by everyone!
Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe
How to Make Peanut Butter Blondies
- Prepare the working area: Get the ingredients, make sure they are at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare the baking pan.
- Make the Batter: Start by combine melted butter with the sugars, followed by the eggs and vanilla extract After that, add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold in Reese’s pieces and mini peanut butter cups.
- Bake: Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
Blondie Recipe Variations:
This recipe is easily adjustable and many add-ins are possible and recommended. Here are some of the best variations of this delicious dessert:
- Chocolate Chip Blondies: If you are a chocolate lover, add half a cup of chocolate chips to the batter. Then, follow the same cooking steps.
- Vegan Blondies: For a vegan version, simply swap the eggs with a chia egg. Similarly, replace the honey with about half a cup of coconut sugar.
- Add nuts: For a crunchier texture, add your favorite nuts to them. Pecans, walnuts, almonds, or even pistachios.
- Original Chewy Blondie Recipe: If you are looking for the classic recipe, then try our original blondie recipe.
How can you tell when they’re cooked?
What’s the Difference Between a Brownie and a Blondie?
Both are similar in texture as they are both gooey and chewy. The main difference between the two is that brownies contain cocoa powder, and are more chocolaty in flavor. On the other hand, blondies are more buttery with a hint of vanilla flavor.
Which Peanut Butter is Best for Blondies?
The BEST peanut butter for cookies is always the creamy variety. I would recommend going with Jif or Skippy.
HOW TO STORE AND FREEZE Peanut Butter Blondies?
- They can be kept at room temperature in an airtight container for about 5-6 days.
- To refrigerate: Use an airtight or sealed container, and then refrigerate for up to 10 days.
- To freeze: Wrap the sliced blondies in plastic wrap, and then transfer to an airtight container or freezer bag. Place in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More delicious cookies:
Love cookies? Try these favorites of ours:
Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter (melted and slightly cooled to room temperature)
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan with baking spray, and line it with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the blondies out. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, whisk the melted butter with white and brown sugar until combined.
- Whisk in the peanut butter, the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until fully combined.
- Using a spatula fold in the flour, baking powder, and salt. The batter will be very thick. Fold in Reese’s Pieces and mini peanut butter cups.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. If you have more Reese's pieces on hand sprinkle some on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then test the blondies with a toothpick. Insert it into the center of the pan ad if it comes out with wet batter, bake longer, checking every 3 minutes. If there are only a few moist crumbs, the blondies are done. Do NOT overbake as they will taste a little dry if you do!
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, lift them out of the pan, cut into bars and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.