Keto Brownies are moist, fudgy and perfect to enjoy if you are on Ketogenic diet, or simply crave for a delicious dessert. They are rich in chocolate and contain only 5 grams of carbs per brownie.
Sugar-Free Paleo Keto Brownies
These Keto Brownies are always a hit with our friends and family. They are chewy with a rich and distinctive chocolate flavor, and great to enjoy during any time of the day. In addition, they are quite healthy, with ZERO SUGAR added, no flour, low in carbs, and high in protein. So, you can enjoy a few of these and not feel guilty about it!
We have made many variations of this recipe over the years and finally came up with some of the BEST KETO BROWNIES. They are super fudgy with a nice crisp layer on the outside and moist on the inside. In addition, they are super easy to make and ready in about 30 minutes.
They are indulgent low carb chocolate treats, that can be enjoyed for breakfast, or even a midnight snack. Once you try them, you will be making them over and over again. They are just irresistibly delicious with just 5 grams of carbs, you can lower that number to 1 gram if you omit the nuts and the chocolate chips!
How to make Low-Carb Keto Brownies Recipe?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, melt together the butter, and set aside.
- Next, combine the melted butter with the sugar replacer.
- Then, combine with eggs, and add all the dry ingredients to them. Using a mixer, combine them all together until mixed through. You could also use a whisk.
- Next, transfer the batter to a pan, and bake for about 20 minutes. Make sure not to overcook it. A nice way to check if done is to insert a toothpick. If it comes out moist, it is ready.
- Let it cool for 20-30 minutes prior to consumption.
Can you replace almond flour with coconut flour?
Yes. We recommend using almond flour as it has a nicer texture, and works best for this recipe. However, if you are short on the almond flour, feel free to replace it with coconut flour.
Also, you can mix the two together. Just remember, that coconut flour absorbs liquid faster, and sometimes the brownies might end up a bit dry.
Best Keto Sweetener:
There are plenty of Keto sweeteners out there. Some work better than others in various recipes. Most of the time, we like using the following:
- Swerve Granulated Sweetener – It works great for desserts, and it is what we used in this recipe. Also, you can get regular white granulated sugar or the brown version.
- Powdered Erythritol Sweetener – Another great option to go with. It melts well into the batter and works great in the brownies.
- Powdered Xylitol – This is also a very popular natural sweetener and can be used in virtually all recipes in lieu of sugar.
HOW TO CUT KETO FUDGE BROWNIES?
Ensure the brownies are cooled prior to cutting. Then, using a sharp knife cut them into about 3 by 3 inch wide. You can also grease the knife by spraying the blade with some cooking spray. This way, the blade glides through the bars easier.
Also, wipe down the knife between cuts as the brownies tend to stick to the knife.
HOW TO STORE KETO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
The best way to store them is in an airtight container. Prior to storing them, ensure they are completely cooled. Then, transfer the pieces to an airtight container, and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
We recommend reheating them for a few seconds in the microwave. This way, they will be warm and moist, just perfect to enjoy!
CAN I FREEZE KETO BROWNIES?
Absolutely! Layer them in a freezer-proof container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Also, it is a good idea to layer them in foil and then wrap them in plastic. This way they will maintain the moisture and texture better.
To thaw them, remove them from the freezer and place them on the counter the night prior to eating.
More low carb recipes:
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Low Carb Chocolate Cake
- Paleo Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Best Keto Pancakes
- Buffalo Shrimp Dip
- It is very important not to over-bake the brownies. So check on them after about an 18-minute mark. It is better to have them slightly undercooked than dried out.
- Also, use room temperature eggs. This is also important when mixing the eggs with the butter mixture. If the eggs will be cold they might make the batter thicker, which will affect the end result.
- Since these are chocolate brownies, use sugar-free chocolate chips for a more pronounced chocolate flavor, but keep in mind, they may add a few more grams of carbs.
- If you stored them in the fridge, it is best to reheat them for a few seconds in the microwave. This step will make them moist and tender, just the way they should be!
Fudgy Keto Brownies
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 35 mins