Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup is a delicious, cheesy and creamy dish filled with flavorful ground beef and potatoes. It is a tasty and comfort food at its best, and will quickly be a family favorite!
We love hearty and creamy soups, and this recipe is a family favorite. It is luxurious yet pretty easy to make. Once you try it, you will crave this dish over and over again. It is definitely a keeper! For more creamy and comfort meals, check out baked potato soup, instant pot french onion soup, and Tuscan chicken tortellini soup.
Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup
Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup is one of our absolute favorite recipes of all time, because it’s creamy, rich, and packed with amazing flavors. Lately, we’ve been making a lot of slow cooker recipes. We love making recipes in it because it is so easy to prepare, and the work is basically done entirely by it. Also, the flavors intensified when all the ingredients are cooked together slowly for a longer period of time.
This is a homemade comfort meal that goes well on colder days. You don’t need to fire up the grill to enjoy a cheeseburger, you can simply follow this recipe and get a close resemblance of it in a warm bowl! During this time of the year, this soup is exactly what everyone needs. The ground beef, cheddar cheese, and potatoes make for a PERFECT dish. It can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner since it is so hearty and filling.
CAN I MAKE CHEESEBURGER SOUP WITH OTHER MEATS?
Absolutely. Since the name suggests, this dish calls for ground beef to resemble a real cheeseburger. However, using different kinds of ground meats will work just as fine. You can substitute it with ground turkey, chicken, pork or even lamb.
Please keep in mind that the taste will differ based on each meat type, but it will still result in a tasty and delicious dish.
How to make Cheeseburger soup on the stovetop?
Yes. Making in on the stovetop is a great alternative, especially if you want a faster meal. For the stovetop version of it, please click on this link.
Can you make Cheeseburger Soup in the Instant Pot?
Absolutely. While you might not believe it, making it in the pressure cooker will result in a very tasty recipe. Also, the cooking time will be drastically cut since the Instant Pot requires only 15 minutes of cooking.
We already have the pressure cooker version of it, and you can check it here.
WHAT ARE GOOD TOPPINGS FOR it?
The soup is delicious and hearty just as is. For some additional flavors, we suggest:
- Try cutting up some burger buns, then toast them up and sprinkle on top of it.
- For bacon lovers, add some bacon crumbs on top.
- Similarly, chopped green onion or parsley complement it nicely, so feel free to add some.
- Croutons or oyster crackers.
HOW TO FREEZE Crockpot CHEESEBURGER SOUP?
Just let it cool prior to freezing. Then transfer it into quart bags, plastic containers and freeze it up to 3 months. Before serving, let the soup thaw overnight in the fridge. Add to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Look for fresh meat that has a bright color, and about 15-20% fat content. Because of the higher fat content, the meat gets great flavor and tenderness.
- For veggies lovers, add some carrots and celery, which are obviously not a typical part of burger prep. However, it will complement this dish nicely and add some extra nutrition to it.
- We used cheddar cheese, but other cheeses can be used, such as Colby jack cheese.
- Also, browning the beef is essential because it will lock in and elevate the flavors.
Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 7 hours Total time: 7 hrs 20 mins