Pesto Chicken Kabobs can be easily made with 5 ingredients only. The Kabobs are ready in 30 minutes in your oven or grill, for a delicious and healthy dinner.
Pesto Chicken Kabobs
Pesto Chicken Kabobs are one of the easiest meals you can make, it’s incredibly flavorful and also healthy. To make the process super quick, in this recipe I used store-bought pesto, no harm to take shortcuts if it makes your life easier.
You can also make your own pesto, it takes only a few minutes, so it’s up to you to decide. The chicken is marinated overnight in pesto, after that added to skewers with cherry tomatoes and roasted to golden perfection in the oven. I like to add fresh mozzarella cheese right before serving these and drizzle them with extra pesto. Serve over an arugula salad and you have an amazing meal in almost no time!
Why You’ll Love These Pesto Chicken Kabobs:
- Firstly, it is very easy to make with minimal prep work.
- Also, no bowls to clean. The chicken is marinated in a large ziplock bag.
- Baked in one pan it reduces the cleanup time.
- In addition, the chicken is incredibly juicy and flavorful.
- Similarly, can be cooked in the oven or on the grill.
- Perfect for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner or a special occasion dinner.
- Refreshing and flavorful.
Tips & Tricks on how to make the perfect Pesto Chicken Kabobs Recipe:
- I always say this, but a good meat centered meal starts with quality meat, so use organic chicken breasts
- You can use store-bought pesto to save time, this is what I used, just choose a trustworthy brand
- Marinating the meat overnight is really key, as the chicken will soak all the pesto flavor and also get very tender
- Don’t skip the tomatoes, they are delicious when roasted or grilled
- Don’t over-cook the chicken, we are looking here for the perfect golden finish
- Drizzling the kabobs with extra pesto will add another layer of freshness and flavor
- Mozzarella is optional, I like adding some right before serving to create “Caprese Chicken Kabobs”
- If you choose to grill these, it takes about 15-17 minutes, makes sure you check the chicken is fully cooked
Looking for more Chicken Recipes? Check these out:
- Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken
- Baked Mongolian Chicken
- Cranberry Orange Chicken
- One Pan Italian Chicken
- One Pan Mediterranean Chicken
Pesto Chicken Kabobs
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 35 mins
Nutrition informationCalories: 358 Carbohydrates: 9 Protein: 28 Fat: 22 Saturated Fat: 4 Cholesterol: 77 Sodium: 639 Potassium: 687 Fiber: 1 Sugar: 4 Vitamin A: 1710 Vitamin C: 29 Calcium: 111 Iron: 1.6 g