Pesto Chicken Kabobs – 30 Minutes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pesto Chicken Kabobs can be easily made with 5 ingredients only. The Kabobs are ready in 30 minutes in your oven or grill, for a delicious and healthy dinner.
Pesto Chicken Kabobs
Pesto Chicken Kabobs are one of the easiest meals you can make, it’s incredible flavorful and also healthy. To make the process super quick, in this recipe I used store bought pesto, no harm to take shortcuts if it makes your life easier. You can also make your own pesto, it takes only a few minutes, so it’s up to you to decide. The chicken is marinated overnight in pesto, after that added to skewers with cherry tomatoes and roasted to golden perfection in the oven. I like to add fresh mozzarella cheese right before serving these, and drizzle them with extra pesto. Serve over an arugula salad and you have an amazing meal in almost no time!
Why You’ll Love These Pesto Chicken Kabobs:
- Firstly, it is very easy to make with minimal prep work.
- Also, no bowls to clean. The chicken is marinated in a large ziplock bag.
- Baked in one pan it reduces the clean up time.
- In addition, the chicken is incredibly juicy and flavorful.
- Similarly, can be cooked in the oven or on the grill.
- Perfect for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner or a special occasion dinner.
- Refreshing and flavorful.
Tips & Tricks on how to make the perfect Pesto Chicken Kabobs Recipe:
- I always say this, but a good meat centered meal starts with quality meat, so use organic chicken breasts
- You can use store bought pesto to save time, this is what I used, just choose a trust worthy brand
- Marinating the meat overnight is really key, as the chicken will soak all the pesto flavor and also get very tender
- Don’t skip the tomatoes, they are delicious when roasted or grilled
- Don’t over-cook the chicken, we are looking here for the perfect golden finish
- Drizzling the kabobs with extra pesto will add another layer of freshness and flavor
- Mozzarella is optional, I like adding some right before serving to create “Caprese Chicken Kabobs”
- If you choose to grill these, it takes about 15-17 minutes, make sure you check the chicken is fully cooked
Looking for more Chicken Recipes? Check these out:
- Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken
- Baked Mongolian Chicken
- Cranberry Orange Chicken
- One Pan Italian Chicken
- One Pan Mediterranean Chicken
Pin This Pesto Chicken Kabobs Recipe to your Favorite Board
Pesto Chicken Kabobs
Pesto Chicken Kabobs can be easily made with 5 ingredients only and in 30 minutes in your oven or grill for a delicious and healthy dinner.
- 1⅔ cup pesto homemade or store-bought
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into 1½ inch cubes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 14 Large mozzarella pearls
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of garlic powder. Add chicken and 1½ cup of pesto to a large Ziplock bag (or bowl) and marinate for at least 30 minutes or for best results marinate overnight. If marinating overnight, turn the bag occasionally so all the chicken is covered in pesto sauce evenly.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Thread chicken and cherry tomatoes onto skewers, season with salt and pepper to taste and place on a baking sheet pan drizzled with olive oil or covered with parchment paper.
- Turn kabobs once mid cooking. Cook for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and if desired garnish with fresh parsley and add large pearl buffalo mozzarella to the skewers.
- Drizzle with the remaining ¼ cup of pesto sauce and serve.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.