CHICKEN ENCHILADA PASTA IS A HEARTY, EASY AND DELICIOUS WEEKNIGHT MEAL, MADE WITH JUST A FEW INGREDIENTS AND READY IN 30 MINUTES.
I participated in Mom Blog Tour Winter Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Academia Barilla and Bialetti products to facilitate my review, but my opinions and the recipe are my own.
Chicken Enchilada Pasta is one of the most easiest and flavorful meals you can make. Chicken Enchilada Pasta is ready in 30 minutes and is packed with tender chicken meat, enchilada sauce, pasta and lots of cheese. This delicious meal can be easily made for a crowd. You can use whole grain or whole wheat pasta if you want to make it more nutritious. If you are busy, but still want an amazing homemade meal, this recipe would be perfect for you. Creamy, cheesy, and flavorful, this 30 minute meal is a life saver! Leftovers are also incredibly tasty. If you like Mexican inspired recipes, you should check this super easy to make Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup and these Chipotle Chicken Nachos.
Why You’ll Love This 30 Minutes Chicken Enchilada Pasta Recipe:
- Bursting with flavor and coated in the most delicious cheesy and slightly spicy enchilada sauce
- Incredibly easy to make in no more than 30 minutes, this is the perfect weeknight meal
- Hearty and tasty this meal is a crowd pleaser
- Leftovers are delicious
- Can be made vegetarian, if you use chickpeas or beans
- Can be made with other meats as well: turkey or beef are delicious options
Tips & Tricks on how to make the perfect Chicken Enchilada Pasta:
- I always say this, but a good meat centered meal starts with quality meat, so use organic chicken breasts
- Use high quality pasta, one of my favorite pastas for this recipe is Academia Barilla Farfalle
- I used diced tomatoes with green chilies to add some heat to the sauce, if you don’t like spicy food you can just use regular diced tomatoes
- If you prefer the sauce more spicier, you can add Tabasco sauce, taste and adjust
- Other delicious toppings include a dollop of sour cream, crema fresca, fresh salsa, chopped jalapeños and guacamole
- Using fresh garlic will add a nice flavor to the sauce, you can use more or less garlic, depends how much you like it
- Make sure you use a large skillet or a dutch oven as the recipe makes a big batch to feed about 6 people
- Cook the chicken to a golden brown perfection, if you prefer a crispy texture; I personally like mine tender and juicy in this recipe
- When you boil the pasta, make sure you don’t over cook it, you want it al dente as it will keep cooking in the sauce
- When it comes to the cheese, I like to freshly grate mine, it is definitely more creamy that way
- You can also use a Mexican cheese blend if you are in a hurry
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this 30 Minute Chicken Enchilada Pasta:
- Enchilada Sauce – this one can be found in any grocery store, just don’t look in the tomato sauce/pasta section, it’s in the Mexican products section
- Tomato Sauce – regular canned tomato sauce is what I am talking about here
- Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies – this one can also be found in the tomato sauce/pasta section and most grocery stores carry it, or you can just add some chopped green chilies if you can’t find it
- Academia Barilla Pasta – delicious pasta, love the taste and texture and all the options they offer
- Bialetti Pasta Pot – I use their Pasta Pot and let me tell you that it makes my life so much easier as I have less dishes to clean
- Bialetti Mineral DS skillet – I use this one for cooking a lot and I am very happy with the great quality and that its non-stick
Now I have an exciting GIVEAWAY for you guys! You can win delicious pasta and amazing cookware!
One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize.
- 2-3 cups Barilla Penne or Farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can (20 oz) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup American cheese shredded
- 1 avocado halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup corn chips
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
Add water to a medium pot and bring to boil. Cook pasta al dente, following package instructions.
Add olive oil to a large skillet or dutch oven and heat over medium - high heat.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to skillet.
Cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring with a spatula.
Stir in minced garlic, diced tomatoes with green chilies, enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Stir until Add in cooked and drained pasta, stir to combine.
Add in cheddar and American cheese and stir until melted and combined.
Take skillet from heat, top with extra cheese, fresh chopped parsley, avocado and crushed corn chips.
Serve immediately and enjoy!