These Salted Caramel Apple Madeleines deliver fall’s classic dessert of caramel dip apples in a fine, sweet and soft cookie form.
Salted Caramel Apple Madeleines Recipe Tips
Salted Caramel Apple Madeleines are the perfect fall treat, because they look fancy, taste great, and melt in your mouth with deliciousness. I honestly think Madeleines are the easiest cookies to make, due to the fact that they only take 30 minutes from start to finish. Their dense texture is irresistible, while still delivering the sweet and buttery taste, which everyone loves! They would be perfectly served with some apple cider or enjoyed with a classic pumpkin latte or coffee.
Why you’ll love these Salted Caramel Apple Madeleines:
- First of all they are festive and beautiful. Hence, making them a show stopper dessert.
- Also, they are incredibly fresh and aromatic.
- Tender and buttery, the Madeleines melt in your mouth. Hence, a must try!
- In addition, they are the perfect cookies for the holiday season.
- Lastly, they can be made 1 or 2 days in advance, so you don’t have to worry about a last minute dessert.
Pin This Salted Caramel Apple Madeleines Recipe to your Favorite Board
LOOKING FOR MORE FALL FLAVORED DESSERTS? CHECK THESE OUT:
- Pumpkin Madeleines with Cinnamon Frosting
- Apple Danish Pie
- Poke Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Fudge
What is a Madeleine?
Madeleine is a traditional small cake typically baked in a shell-shaped mold which originates from France. They are often decorated with coconut, cinnamon cream and jam, and are extremely delicious!
What is Cinnamon Applesauce?
Applesauce – is a semi-solid food made from apples, a liquid (apple juice, cider, or water), cinnamon, spices, and sometimes sugar. Also, it is cooked down until the apples soften, so they can be mashed or pureed. Applesauce is cooked usually between one hour to a couple of hours.
How do you freeze Madeleine?
The Madeleines can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. Before freezing the Madeleine, do not dust them with sugar until you are about to serve. Store them in airtight container and freeze them in a double wrapping of plastic wrap for several months.
Salted Caramel Apple Madeleines
Apple Madelaines Ingredients:
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted, cooled slightly)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cinnamon apple sauce
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- baking spray
- Salted Caramel:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons salted butter (at room temperature and cut up into pieces)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- sea salt flakes
Apple Madelaines Cooking Instruction:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare 2 large madeleine pans and generously spray them with baking spray and dust with a tad of flour.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs with ⅔ cup sugar until blended. Beat in the apple sauce and salt. Add flour and beat just until blended. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add cooled melted butter and beat just until blended.
- Spoon 1 1/3 tablespoons batter into each madeleine indentation in pan. Bake until puffed and brown, about 11-13 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan and after gently remove them from the pan and place on a serving dish.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt sugar while stirring constantly until a brownish liquid forms.
- When sugar has completely melted, add the butter and stir until well combined.
- Carefully while still stirring add the heavy cream, once all the cream has been added let the mixture boil without stirring for one minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in salt, transfer to a mason jar (or any other container) and let it cool.
- Dip madeleines into the caramel sauce, place on a wire rack to harden and sprinkle with sea salt.
- In a medium bowl set over a medium saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate with the heavy cream, must be well combined. Remove from the heat and set aside. Dip the madeleines into the melted chocolate and place on a wire to harden.