Red Velvet Mug Cake requires few ingredients and 1 bowl for a perfectly portioned dessert.
I have already made Ref Velvet desserts on my blog, such as Red Velvet Cake Cone, Red Velvet Creme Brulee and Red Velvet Hot Chocolate. Making this delicious Red Velvet Mug Cake, will be a nice addition to the family.
Red Velvet Mug Cake
Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Mug Cake makes it easy to satisfy that sudden cake craving! This Red Velvet Mug Cake is ready in 5 minutes, and is stuffed with delicious and creamy Nutella! Perfectly portioned and measured so you can make 2 individual mug cakes. You know, so you don’t have to share yours, or so you can have two for yourself. The cake is moist, chocolaty and absolutely irresistible. Served with whipped cream and a dust of cocoa powder, you will celebrate every single bite.
When making cake is that easy, it becomes dangerous! I mean, if you are 5 minutes away to eat freshly made, chocolaty cake. Also, I am sure you will be back by your microwave again and again to make another batch. The beauty of this Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Mug Cake, besides it’s great taste, it’s how easy it is to make! You don’t even need an oven! All you need, are two microwave safe mugs, and obviously a microwave! This dessert is perfect for date night or to surprise someone special, it will be the highlight of your dinner!
- It should be clear, but please use microwave safe coffee mugs. Because, we don’t want any accidents or stuff to blow up in your microwave.
- Also, use quality cocoa powder, as that is what will give it a deep, chocolaty flavor.
- Similarly, use gel food color, it doesn’t add much extra water to the recipe, so it won’t alter the texture.
- This cake is egg free, so if it’s a little underdone it’s perfectly fine. You have to test the recipe for yourself see how you like it. Microwaving it for 1 min 10 seconds is perfect for me. However, if you would like it more done, microwaving for 1 min 30 seconds or under 2 minutes will result in a moist cake. But less gooey, so its up to you to decide what texture you prefer more.
- You can skip the red food coloring and just make Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Mug Cakes.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Mug Cake:
- Gel Food Coloring – this set comes in a variety of colors and it won’t add extra water to the batter, also it will result in a gorgeous, deep color
Prep time: 4 minutes Cook time: 1 minute Total time: 5 mins
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon red gel food color
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- Baking spray
- In a small bowl combine: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk, oil, and vanilla extract, whisk until fully combined, the batter should be smooth, with no lumps. If the batter is too thick add one more tablespoon of milk.
- Add the red gel food coloring, using a spatula, stir until combined, if needed add a few more drops of gel food color to get to the shade of red you want.
- Spray two 250 ml microwave safe coffee cups with baking spray, divide HALF of the batter between the two cups, scoop 1 tablespoon of Nutella into each cup, and top with the remaining batter.
- Place the cakes next to each other in the middle of the microwave, cook the cakes for 1 min and 10 seconds for a gooey texture and under two minutes, for a more well done, still moist texture.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving, to allow for the cake to finish cooking, this is very important, don't skip this step.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!