Red Velvet Mug Cake requires few ingredients and 1 bowl for a perfectly portioned dessert.
I have already made Ref Velvet desserts on my blog, such as Red Velvet Cake Cone, Red Velvet Creme Brulee and Red Velvet Hot Chocolate. Making this delicious Red Velvet Mug Cake, will be a nice addition to the family.
Red Velvet Mug Cake
Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Mug Cake makes it easy to satisfy that sudden cake craving! This Red Velvet Mug Cake is ready in 5 minutes, and is stuffed with delicious and creamy Nutella! Perfectly portioned and measured so you can make 2 individual mug cakes. You know, so you don’t have to share yours, or so you can have two for yourself. The cake is moist, chocolaty and absolutely irresistible. Served with whipped cream and a dust of cocoa powder, you will celebrate every single bite.
When making cake is that easy, it becomes dangerous! I mean, if you are 5 minutes away to eat freshly made, chocolaty cake. Also, I am sure you will be back by your microwave again and again to make another batch. The beauty of this Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Mug Cake, besides it’s great taste, it’s how easy it is to make! You don’t even need an oven! All you need, are two microwave safe mugs, and obviously a microwave! This dessert is perfect for date night or to surprise someone special, it will be the highlight of your dinner!
Red Velvet Mug Cake Recipe Tips
- It should be clear, but please use microwave safe coffee mugs. Because, we don’t want any accidents or stuff to blow up in your microwave.
- Also, use quality cocoa powder, as that is what will give it a deep, chocolaty flavor.
- Similarly, use gel food color, it doesn’t add much extra water to the recipe, so it won’t alter the texture.
- This cake is egg free, so if it’s a little underdone it’s perfectly fine. You have to test the recipe for yourself see how you like it. Microwaving it for 1 min 10 seconds is perfect for me. However, if you would like it more done, microwaving for 1 min 30 seconds or under 2 minutes will result in a moist cake. But less gooey, so its up to you to decide what texture you prefer more.
- You can skip the red food coloring and just make Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Mug Cakes.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Mug Cake:
- Gel Food Coloring – this set comes in a variety of colors and it won’t add extra water to the batter, also it will result in a gorgeous, deep color
Red Velvet Mug Cake
5 minutes, few ingredients and 1 bowl is what you need to make this Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Mug Cake that has been perfectly portioned for two!
Prep time: 4 minutes Cook time: 1 minute Total time: 5 mins
The batter can be divided to mini ramekins as well, if you make more than 2 cakes, please microwave them separately for uniform cooking.