Red Velvet Cake Cone filled with a fluffy and delicious Twinkies Buttercream, made with real Twinkies and lots of sprinkles.
Red Velvet Cake Cone
If you can choose between a Cake Cone and a Sugar Cone, which one would you get? I would obviously reach without blinking for the Cake Cone! In a perfect world, my three mandatory scoops of ice cream would be served in a delicious Cake Cone all the time! But a cone is not only for ice cream! You can fill it with soft and fluffy buttercream and taste what happiness is all about!
I took my love for red velvet cake and Twinkies to a whole new level and combined them in one amazing and delicious dessert! Meet the Red Velvet Cake Cones filled with Twinkies Buttercream! These are the BOMB! Well, I couldn’t leave out the sprinkles, because let’s agree, sprinkles make everything better.
Why you’ll love these Red Velvet Cake Cone
- Firstly, they are very easy to make, and taste delicious.
- The mix combination of red velvet and Twinkies is pure amazing.
- If you appreciate Twinkies, these cones will compliment you well.
- Also, they are creamy and tender, this is a show stopper dessert.
- In addition, they are rich, creamy, they are guaranteed to become a show stopper dessert.
- Can be made 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry about a last minute dessert.
CAN YOU REFRIGERATE THE Red Velvet Cake Cone
Best to refrigerate the cupcakes for one hour before serving for the frosting to harden a bit. Keep the cupcakes refrigerated, because the frosting will melt at room temperature.
TOOLS/INGREDIENTS I USED
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 55 mins
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 ½ cups flour (sifted)
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- Red gel food coloring (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sprinkles
- 10 Twinkies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your Fillables Cake Cone pan by spraying it with baking spray, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until well combined, light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and whisk well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, make a paste of cocoa and the food coloring. Blend into butter mixture.
- Sift together remaining dry ingredients: flour, salt and baking powder. Add dry ingredients into the butter mixture alternating in 2 batches: add dry ingredients and buttermilk. Mix until blended.
- Add more food coloring if needed.
- Divide batter among the cake cones and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool cake cones in the pan for 10 minutes, remove from pan and place to cool completely on a rack.
- Whisk together sugar and butter until well combined, starting on low speed and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and beat on medium speed for 1 minute more.
- Add the crumbled Twinkies and whisk on medium until all combined and no lumps. Stop a few times to scrape the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the buttercream to a pipping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Frost the cake cones, garnish with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate one hour before serving!