Red Velvet Cake Cone filled with a fluffy and delicious Twinkies Buttercream, made with real Twinkies and lots of sprinkles.
If you can choose between a Cake Cone and a Sugar Cone, which one would you get? I would obviously reach without blinking for the Cake Cone 🙂 In a perfect world, my three mandatory scoops of ice cream would be served in a delicious Cake Cone all the time!
I took my love for red velvet cake and Twinkies to a whole new level and combined them in one amazing and delicious dessert! Meet the Red Velvet Cake Cones filled with Twinkies Buttercream! These are the BOMB!
Well, I couldn’t leave out the sprinkles, because let’s agree, sprinkles make everything better. True story, I used to eat my morning cereal with sprinkles, and I used to eat sprinkles by the spoon, straight from the jar. I just love them!
Now into that Twinkies Funfetti Buttercream, its all I can dream of, if I am completely transparent, I must tell you that I licked the spatula clean, it’s so good! Vanilla Buttercream, with sprinkles and 10 Twinkies mixed it! Yes, I put teal Twinkies in that buttercream!
- 1 stick / 113 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 ½ cups flour, sifted
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- Red gel food coloring, about 1 teaspoon
- Twinkies Buttercream:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sprinkles
- 10 Twinkies
- Cake Cones:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your Fillables Cake Cone pan by spraying it with baking spray, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until well combined, light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and whisk well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, make a paste of cocoa and the food coloring. Blend into butter mixture.
- Sift together remaining dry ingredients: flour, salt and baking powder. Add dry ingredients into the butter mixture alternating in 2 batches: add dry ingredients and buttermilk. Mix until blended.
- Add more food coloring if needed.
- Divide batter among the cake cones and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool cake cones in the pan for 10 minutes, remove from pan and place to cool completely on a rack.
- Twinkies Buttercream:
- Whisk together sugar and butter until well combined, starting on low speed and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and beat on medium speed for 1 minute more.
- Add the crumbled Twinkies and whisk on medium until all combined and no lumps. Stop a few times to scrape the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the buttercream to a pipping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Frost the cake cones, garnish with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate one hour before serving!
Here is my Fillables Cake Cone Pan:
Here is my Gel Food Coloring:
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you.