Red Velvet Creme Brûlée Brownies are the perfect combo of rich, decadent chocolate, creamy vanilla and caramelized, crunchy sugar.
This post contains affiliate links at NO extra cost to you, I just like sharing the things that I love and worked for me. Thank you!
The idea of Red Velvet Creme Brûlée Brownies has literally kept me up at night! I am not even kidding! These are two of my favorite desserts combined into one. I would go to sleep thinking how great it would be to have them married into one single decadent treat. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner (well, almost) I wanted to make a red dessert. Red velvet brownies where the first idea that I had, I love how they look and also how easy they are to make. You would be surprised at how easy and quick these Red Velvet Creme Brûlée Brownies come together.
If you love decadent brownies just like me, check here my collection of Brownie Recipes:
- Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- Pomegranate Mousse Brownies
- Peanut Butter Mousse Brownies
- Cheesecake Mint Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
- Cognac Brownies
- Slutty Cheesecake Brownies
- Fudgy Walnut Coffee Brownies
- Seven Layer Brownies with M&M’s
Let me tell you a bit more about these Red Velvet Creme Brûlée Brownies that I truly love! They are loaded with chocolate flavor, obviously. They are dense, rich, moist and fudgy. The creme brûlée layer is very thin, just enough to add some vanilla flavor, creaminess and some crunch. Talking about the crunch, I am so loving this combo, of decadent brownies, a thin layer of creamy creme brûlée and that amazing, sweet, caramelized and crunchy sugar top! Its the perfect finish to each bite. Talking about the crunch, I am so loving this combo, of decadent brownies, a thin layer of creamy creme brûlée and that amazing, sweet, caramelized and crunchy sugar top!
The top of the brownies also absorb some of the creme brûlée mixture and you get like a soft middle layer that is very delicious. If you are looking for a creative, delicious, easy to make and gorgeous dessert for Valentine’s Day or just any occasion, these brownies are the way to go! Yummy!
Tools/Ingredients I used to make the Red Velvet Creme Brûlée Brownies Recipe:
- Non Stick Baking Pan – I use it for many recipes, brownies, fudge and blondies, the quality is great and it will last you a long time
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – delicious flavor, it will make any chocolate dessert amazing
- Gel Food Coloring – this set comes in a variety of colors and it won’t add extra water to your recipe
- Parchment Paper – a kitchen staple, it just makes life so much easier with it’s non-stick magical powers
- Torch – a must have in the kitchen even if you don’t use it that often, but very handy when creme brûlée craving stucks
- For the Brownie Layer:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 ounces / 2 sticks melted butter + 2 tablespoons for greasing the pan
- 1 cups cocoa, sifted
- 2 vanilla beans, seeds only
- 1½ cups flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Red Gel Food Coloring
- Creme Brûlée:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- ½ cup granulated sugar +1/2 cup more for garnish
- 3 egg yolks
- For the Brownie Layer:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper in an 11x8 inch pan or an 8 inch baking pan so it covers the bottom and 2 sides (to facilitate the brownie removal). Butter the pan and set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with the wire attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow, add the sugar and beat until combined. Add remaining ingredients, and mix to combine. Add red gel food coloring as much as you need, until you achieve the red hue that you like.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside for just a few minutes, until you finish the creme brûlée mixture.
- Creme Brûlée:
- After you placed the brownie into the oven, start on the creme brûlée right away.
- Add the cream, vanilla bean and its seeds to a medium saucepan that is set over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture is boiling, remove the saucepan from heat, cover with a lid and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean and discard.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the wire attachment, whisk together on medium-high speed the sugar and the egg yolks until well combined, the mixture must start to lighten in color and become fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed.
- Whisk in the cream, adding it slowly, a little at a time. Stop the mixer, scrape the sides of the bowl and mix again on medium-low speed for a few seconds to make sure that the mixture is well blended.
- Carefully and slowly pour the mixture over the brownie and return the pan into the oven. Bake just until the creme brûlée is set, but still trembling in the center, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool to room temperature, after that refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- The red velvet creme brûlée brownie must be removed from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to browning the sugar on top. Before serving sprinkle with the remaining sugar and using a torch, melt the sugar and form a crispy top. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.