Peanut Butter Pie [Video]
Last updated on December 11th, 2021 at 04:39 pm
Peanut Butter Pie is made with creamy peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cool whip. A no-bake recipe, that is rich and decadent. Serve it topped with chopped peanut butter cookies, Reese’s, peanuts, and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
No-Bake recipes are such a relief during hot summer days, or when you just don’t want to turn on the oven. They are easy to make and usually are not time-consuming. Try our No-Bake Chocolate Pie, Oreo Balls and outstanding Tiramisu Cheesecake.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut Butter Pie is such a classic and timeless dessert, you can never go wrong by choosing to make and serve one. Kids and adults equally love this dessert, making it a crowd-pleaser.
The recipe is easy to make with basic ingredients. It yields a creamy and rich pie, full of peanut butter flavor. Since this is a no-bake recipe, all you have to do is mix and after that refrigerate the pie before serving. The recipe is highly adaptable and also very easy to follow and make.
We recommend always serving this pie chilled, you can go the extra mile and top it with some peanut butter ice cream when serving. A drizzle of hot chocolate sauce and some banana slices will make it a show stopped dessert.
What do you need:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – you can also use Oreos or digestive biscuits.
- Ground Peanuts – we like to add these into the crust mixture, for extra flavor and texture.
- Brown sugar – just to add some extra sweetness into the crust, totally optional.
- Unsalted butter – this is the binder that will keep the crust ingredients together.
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese – I recommend using full-fat cream cheese.
- Creamy peanut butter – I use the store-bought kind like Jif, it has the perfect texture and sweetness for this recipe.
- Cool Whip – to add creaminess and fluffiness to the filling.
- Powdered sugar – you can add a bit less than the recipe mentions.
- Vanilla Extract
How to make Peanut Butter Pie from scratch
- Crust: First, start by combining the crust ingredients into a bowl, after that press them into a pie dish or springform pan.
- Filling: Next, beat cream cheese with peanut butter and vanilla. After that, add the powdered sugar.
- Cool Whip: Once combined, slowly beat in the whipped cream.
- Transfer to pan and chill: Add the filling into the prepared pan.
- Add topping: Add your favorite topping that would go well with the pie and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Serve: Finally, slice it, drizzle with chocolate sauce and melted peanut butter and serve.
- Crust: Use Oreo cookies to make the crust, or another option is to use Biscoff cookies.
- Gluten-Free: Make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free biscuits into the crust.
- Add a chocolate swirl: We all know that chocolate and peanut butter is a match made in heaven. Melt 12 ounces of chocolate and add it into the peanut butter filling. To make this more awesome, don’t fully combine it, but just stir a few times to make chocolate swirls.
- Add Reese’s cups: Take this Peanut Butter Pie to a whole new level by adding two layers of peanut butter cups. First layer on the bottom of the pie, and the next layer in the middle.
- Bacon!!: This may sound like an odd ingredient, but if you are a fan of sweet and savory recipes, this is a must-try. Therefore, take some very crispy bacon, chop it well and use it as a topping!
- Toppings: Play with the toppings here and use the ones you like. We suggest using: chopped or shaved chocolate, melted peanut butter, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, chopped peanut, peanut butter cookies, and cups.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What type of peanut butter is best for peanut butter pie?
We recommend using store-bought creamy peanut butter like Jif. While you can use the healthier, more like homemade peanut butter, without any sugar added, keep in mind that that will alter the texture of the pie dramatically.
How long will peanut butter pie last in the refrigerator?
This recipe using dairy products, so if properly stored the dessert will stay good in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How to freeze?
- Keep in mind that you can easily freeze this recipe, to do so follow the below steps:
- First, make sure you refrigerate the pie first, so it’s properly chilled.
- After that, decide if you want to freeze the whole thing or just a few slices.
- You can freeze the whole thing, by wrapping the pan in plastic wrap and after that in foil.
- Another option is to freeze just a few slices, for that either wrap them in plastic wrap and after that in foil, or add them to freezer-safe Ziploc bags.
- When ready to serve, defrost the dessert overnight in the fridge.
More Peanut Butter Recipes:
Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground peanuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6-8 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (thawed)
- 10 Nutter Butter Cookies
- Chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped peanut butter cups
- Chocolate sauce
- Add the crust ingredients in a large bowl and still until well combined.
- Press into the bottom of a springform pan and up the sides about an inch. Set aside.
- Add the cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla to a large bowl or to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Stop to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add in the powdered sugar and beat to combined.
- Add in the in the cool whip and beat on low speed until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared springform pan and level the top with a spatula.
- Top with the peanut butter cookies, chopped salted peanuts and chopped peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice and drizzle with chocolate sauce and melted peanut butter before serving.
- For the perfect texture, use store-bought creamy peanut butter, not the homemade type that has a heartier and greasier texture.
- Make sure to refrigerate the pie properly before serving, it is best served straight from the fridge.
- Instead of using Cool Whip, you can make your own whipped cream to use in this recipe.
CommentsLeave a reply