Mixed Berry Crisp is such an easy and delicious recipe that anyone can easily make. Juicy berries, under a sweet, crisp, golden crust!
Mixed Berry Crisp – Gluten Free
Mixed Berry Crisp is the perfect recipe for anyone, even if you are a beginner baker. The crisp is so easy to make, and it turns out juicy and flavorful. The Mixed Berry Crisp can be made with your favorite berries.
I like using a mix of raspberries and blueberries. The berries are topped with an almond oatmeal crisp that is sweet and a bit crunchy. You can make the same recipe using apples, pears, peaches or juicy plums.
The topping is my favorite part, and the almonds add such a nice flavor and crunch. Served warm with ice cream, this delicious crisp is a hit with everyone!
Mixed Berry Crisp Recipe Tips:
- First, use any berries that you like: raspberries, blueberries or raspberries.
- The recipe also works great with stone fruit like peaches and plums.
- I used FRESH berries. You can use frozen berries, make sure you thaw them and drain off any water excess.
- Use gluten-free oats for a gluten-free version of the crisp.
- Also, make sure you refrigerate the crisp topping, its the most important step, please don’t skip it.
- In addition, do not skip the cornstarch as well, it will reduce the water content of the fruits and create that delicious, sticky texture.
- The almonds can be skipped if you are allergic, or they can be replaced with other chopped nuts.
- Bake the crisp to golden perfection and serve warm with ice cream!
Looking for more berry recipes? Check these out:
- Raspberry Angel Food Cake – one of my most popular recipes!
- Naturally Pink Raspberry Truffles – these are so cute and so tasty!
- Rosemary Berry Baked Brie – Berries and cheese in a stunning appetizer.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies – with fresh lemon zest, they taste like summer.
- Fruit Mojitos – the roasted blackberry mojito is my favorite.
- Blueberry Zucchini Poke Cake – a cake that any berry fan should try!
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this Mixed Berry Crisp Recipe:
- Cornstarch – I prefer using cornstarch instead of flour to thicken sauces, and this organic brand is my favorite
- Cast Iron Skillet – get one and you will use it forever. I like that it heats evenly and consistently and that it comes pre-seasoned for the first use.
- Blanched Slivered Almonds – can be used as a snack, added to salad and many desserts.
Mixed Berry Crisp Recipe Video:
Mixed Berry Crisp
Prep time: 1 hour Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 2 hrs
Prepare the crisp topping: