Last updated on June 18th, 2021 at 11:17 pm
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup made with beer, spices, and cheese is incredibly comforting and flavorful. Very easy to make in your pressure cooker! You can adapt it and make this dish low-carb and Keto friendly!
Soups are perfect during the cold winter days. There is nothing more comforting than a warm bowl, topped with cheese and crunchy croutons enjoyed under a cozy blanket. Make sure you check our Soup Recipes for more inspiration and if you need help, I highly recommend you try the Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup, it’s always a hit!
Pressure cooker cauliflower soup recipe
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup is straightforward to make and very quick. Making it in the pressure cooker saves you so much time and it will taste like it has been cooked for hours!
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- 2.5 pounds cauliflower florets (1 large cauliflower head)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups light beer use low-carb beer for Keto; use broth if non-alcoholic version
- 2 cups chicken broth (or veggie broth for vegetarian)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened and cut into small cubes)
- 8 oz sharp cheddar (grated)
- Chopped dill
- Chopped parsley
- Chopped green onions
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Bacon crumbles
- Chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot Saute mode in, adjust to High and wait for it to display Hot.
- Add the oil and once shimmering add the onion and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the seasonings: salt, pepper, paprika, dried parsley, dried oregano, stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Deglaze the pot with the beer if using, scrape the bottom using a wooden spoon.
- Add the cauliflower, broth. Cancel Saute mode. Place the lid, lock it, turn the valve to sealed, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Next, do a 5 minutes Natural Pressure Release, after which release manually the remaining pressure.
- Open the pot, turn on again Saute mode, and add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Turn off the IP.
- Serve garnished with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!