BBQ Chicken Taquitos with Sweet Corn
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
BBQ Chicken Taquitos are stuffed with creamy mozzarella cheese, shredded BBQ chicken and sweet corn, fried to golden, crispy perfection.
BBQ Chicken Taquitos
Dinner this weekend was good, crispy Chicken Taquitos were served! You know, I absolutely loathe easy dinners that are also delicious and this is definitely one of those. Also, these make great leftovers, they taste great cold and I have been snacking on them all day! Someone hide them from me please.
These BBQ Chicken Taquitos are incredibly juicy and flavorful, loaded with yummy things that I like. The hardest job is done by the slow cooker, all you have left is spending a few minutes rolling and frying these golden, crispy beauties, and they are totally worth handling the hot oil.
BBQ Chicken Taquitos Recipe Tips:
- I like to make this recipe with chicken breast, but you can also use boneless/skinless chicken thighs or pork.
- Once you start shredding the chicken, add as much sauce as needed to make it moist, but not soggy.
- You can add even more garlic, or if you please less, I personally love garlicky meals, so the more the merrier for me.
- For a spicier kick, add 1-2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes.
- You can adjust the taquitos liking as you prefer, you can skip the corn and just add cheese. You can also add chopped bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Crockpot – I cooked the chicken in the slow cooker first, but you can save some time by using rotisserie chicken.
Pin This BBQ Chicken Taquitos Recipe to your Favorite Board
Cheesy BBQ Chicken Taquitos with Sweet Corn
- 3 chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 bay leaves
- cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup canola oil
- 15 soft corn or flour tortillas medium size
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn thawed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeds removed and chopped
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon sweet corn
- In a medium bowl mix chicken broth and BBQ sauce until combined. Add chicken to the slow cooker, add the BBQ mixture. Add salt, pepper, garlic, cilantro and bay leaves. Cook on the slow cooker setting for 4 hours.
- Once done, remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker, place into a medium bowl and using a fork or your hands, pull apart the meat. Add 3/4 cups of the slow cooker sauce to the shredded chicken and mix it in. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Set aside.
- Set up your station, have the corn and cheese ready in a bowl and also the pulled BBQ chicken on hand.
- Over medium heat, heat canola oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot or skillet until about 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and top with a cooling rack. Set aside.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave until soft and easy to work with.
- To the lower part (that is closer to you) of the tortilla add: a few tablespoons of shredded BBQ chicken, top with 1 teaspoon of corn kernels and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Roll the tortilla up from the bottom towards the top.
- Using tongs, carefully pick up the rolled tortilla and place it into hot oil, seam side down. Hold with the tongs for about 15 seconds to make sure the tortilla won't come unrolled. Fry for 1-2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Transfer taquito to the cooling rack. Repeat process with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately.
- I find it easier to first roll all the taquitos, place them seam side down and after that start the frying process.
- Add all the ingredients (except corn and parsley) to a food processor for 30-40 seconds, adjust for salt to taste. Transfer to a bowl, garnish with corn kernels and fresh parsley. Store in the fridge.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.