Apple Butter Cake with Dulce de Leche Buttercream loaded with walnuts and raisins, it is such a stunning, decadent and luxurious dessert to make this fall.
Thank you Musselman’s Apple Butter for sponsoring this delicious Apple Butter Cake with Dulce de Leche Buttercream. All opinions as always are my own. Thank you for reading Peas & Peonies!
This is one gorgeous dessert from every angle! The flavors are amazing, the texture is outstanding, and let me tell you, apples and Dulce de Leche just go hand in hand, its one of the best flavor combos you can enjoy this fall!
I made this Apple Butter Cake with Dulce de Leche Buttercream for my father’s birthday last week, and since he is such a huge fan of coconut, I decided to cover the cake in shredded coconut. The coconut adds a nice touch, and its a very easy way to decorate the cake. I am always looking for fun, easy ways to garnish a cake without involving any crazy pipping techniques, so you can all recreate it easily at home. Topping the cake with a fresh apple, cinnamon sticks, coconut and caramel drizzle are all easy options that will make your delicious dessert absolutely stunning.
The cake is full of delicious fall flavors!Mussleman’s Apple Butter takes this cake over the top, it adds a beautiful apple flavor without the hassle of peeling and cooking apples! Mussleman’s Apple Butter is delicious on its own, we have it on toast with butter, also it’s crazy good on pancakes and by the spoon directly from the jar. It adds such a nice moisture, softness and perfect texture to this cake. It complements nicely with the chewy raisins and walnuts.
The Apple Butter Cake is covered in a luxurious, also very easy to make Dulce de Leche Buttercream to complement that apple flavor. The caramel and apple pairing is such a classic fall combo that I just can’t get enough of!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light-brown
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups Musselman's apple butter
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 3 sticks butter (350grams), room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 8.8 ounces can Dulce de Leche
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Caramel Sauce
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat three 8 x 2 inch cake pans with non-stick spray, line bottoms with parchment paper and spray paper with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the large bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the wire whisk attachment, beat butter with sugars on medium-high speed until well blended, fluffy and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- On low speed, add the eggs one at a time and blend well after each addition, stopping from time to time to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- On low speed, beat in the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with apple butter in 3 additions, mix until just blended.
- With a spatula, manually stir in walnuts and raisins until well incorporated into the batter.
- Divide batter between prepared pans, gently leveling the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the centers of the cakes comes out clean. Remove pans from oven, let them cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the sides of cakes and invert cakes onto the rack. Remove and discard parchment paper.
- Cool cakes completely before frosting.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the wire whisk, mix together sugar and butter on low speed until well blended.
- Add vanilla extract and Dulce de Leche, mix until well combined, stopping a few times to scrape the sides of the bowl. Increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Assembling the cake:
- Place a cake layer onto a cake platter and spread with ¾ cup frosting. Top with other cake layer and repeat. Add the third, top cake layer and spread with frosting. Use the remaining frosting to spread on the sides of the cake.
- Refrigerate cake.
- Just before serving, garnish shredded coconut, dripping caramel sauce on the edges of the top cake layer, cinnamon sticks and top with an apple.
- Serve and enjoy!