Banana Nut Cake is a breeze to make! Sweet, nutty, slightly chewy, crunchy and topped with the most amazing cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Watch the recipe video tutorial below and see why this is the best banana cake there is!
This is a perfect and easy way to utilize those overripe bananas. Like my other popular recipes Best Chocolate Banana Bread and Chocolate Banana Muffins, this cake will be the perfect excuse to eat some bananas for breakfast!
Best Banana Nut Cake
Banana Nut Cake is one of the easiest desserts you can make with overripe bananas. This fool-proof recipe will amaze your taste buds and it will become your “go-to” easy dessert. You can serve this Banana Nut Cake sprinkled with a dash of powdered sugar or if you want to go all-in, top it with the most amazing cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
Dense, slightly chewy, with notes of banana, nutmeg and cinnamon flavor with tiny bits of nuts through all the cake. The banana flavor shines in this case, and you can use this recipe to make a Banana Nut Loaf. If you love some chocolate with your bananas, just add some chocolate chips to the batter, or even better, some peanut butter chocolate chips!
Why You’ll Love This Banana Nut Cake:
- It is rich in banana flavor and moist, this is a show stopper dessert.
- Easy to find ingredients and minimal prep work and dishes to clean.
- Perfect for brunch parties and for bigger crowds.
- Easy to transport if you have to take it to a brunch party.
Banana Nut Cake Recipe Tips:
- Bananas must be brown, very ripe, and easy to mush. Obviously, don’t wait for the bananas to turn completely brown, that is overdoing it.
- Also, I like to use larger chocolate chips, as they don’t fully melt when baked and are amazing when you bite into them!
- I like to use a mix of white and brown sugar in this recipe, it combines well with the flavors from the bananas and also it locks in moisture, which gives the cake that irresistible crumb.
- Similarly, the chopped walnuts are optional. So, skip them if you don’t like walnuts or replace them with pecans.
- To make the cake moister you can add 1/4 cup of canola oil, vegetable oil or even olive oil! Also, you can use melted coconut oil.
- This Banana Nut Cake also tastes amazing with peanut butter chocolate chips or regular chocolate chips.
- The cake is dense, so it will not rise a lot in the oven, that is ok.
- Watch the cake closely after 40 minutes of baking, to make sure not to over bake it. Check on it every 5 minutes until done. A toothpick inserted in the center of the cake should come out clean or with a few crumbs, but not raw batter.
How Long Will Banana Nut Cake Stay Fresh?
The cake can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Can You Freeze This Banana Nut Cake?
Yes. This cake also freezes well. Cool the cake completely and do not frost it. Fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After that wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge before topping with frosting or before slicing.
Looking for more delicious chocolaty desserts? Check these out:
- Chocolate French Toast
- Chocolate Brownie Cake
- German Chocolate Poke Cake
- Baileys Poke Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this Banana Nut Cake Recipe:
- 9×13 Cake Pan – this is exactly the cake pan I have used and you see in the pictures. It is not sticking, and I swear by it, such good quality.
Banana Nut Cake Recipe Video:
Best Banana Nut Cake
Banana Nut Cake is a breeze to make! Sweet, nutty, slightly chewy, crunchy and topped with the most amazing cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Total time: 1 hr
Banana Nut Cake:
Cream Cheese Frosting:
Banana Nut Cake:
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting: