Spaghetti Salad is the perfect summer meal, made with veggies and cold spaghetti. With its fresh ingredients and zesty Italian dressing, the chilling taste will leave you wanting so much more.
I love cooking pasta because it is so versatile making it in different ways such as Creamy Garlic Parmesan with Shrimp and Vegan Creamy Pasta. Both versions are great because one is perfect for if someone wants more protein. Meanwhile, the other recipe is great for when you want something super healthy and also happen to be vegan.
Summer Spaghetti Salad
Spaghetti Salad is very colorful and filled with fresh flavors and lots of different textures. I really love making this meal because of how easy it is. Not to mention the fact that you can make this in just twenty-five minutes with prep and cook time.
I make this dish with my friends all the time. It is great to bring to a party, potluck, picnic or to serve your family. Whether it be a larger or a smaller group of people this recipe is perfect for any group size.
The key to making this recipe delicious is in the dressing, but also in how you cook the pasta. Cook it by making it Al dente because it helps it stay firmer for longer.
What is also so great about this recipe is that once you finish making it you can put it in the refrigerator and have it the next morning. I love that this is served cold because it is great for on the go. Take it to lunch and don’t even use a microwave. This is great for leftovers!
Do you serve spaghetti salad cold?
How to cook the pasta for spaghetti salad?
Can you eat cold spaghetti?
Spaghetti Salad Mix-Ins:
- Bell Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Beans, for a protein boost.
- Sweet peas
- Sweet corn
- Black olives
- Parmesan cheese
How long does spaghetti salad last?
How to store it?
Can you make spaghetti salad with chicken?
What salad dressing to use?
- The best salad dressing to use for this recipe is Italian salad dressing. You can either buy this dressing from the store or make it on your own. To save some time, you can always go with your favorite store-bought version, or use our recipe for Homemade Italian Dressing.
- Using Italian Dressing also keeps the salad lighter in calories. You can always just use some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- For a creamier version of this salad, you can use Ranch dressing or even Caesar. While it will pack more calories, it will taste heavenly.
Watch recipe video:
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 25 mins
For the salad:
- 1 pound spaghetti (uncooked and broken in half)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups cucumbers (sliced)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1 1/2 cups Italian Salad Dressing
- Cook the spaghetti per package directions and aim for al-dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Once drained, add them to a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except parmesan cheese.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and vegetables, use as much as you like. Toss to coat. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve or refrigerate.
- Salad can be made up to 4-5 hours in advance.