Pomegranate Salad is seasonal with persimmon avocado, orange zest and a savory garlicky, and parsley green dressing. Also, the salad is vegan, gluten-free and festive.
This Pomegranate Salad is super easy to make, and loaded with vitamins and healthy nutrients. I have professed my love for persimmons on this blog many times, but so far I used them only in desserts. In this delicious Jam and in this Pound Cake Cheesecake. Both fabulous recipes, but I like the taste of the fruit by itself. A ripe persimmon is juicy, sweet and very flavorful. So I decided to make a powerhouse Pomegranate Salad with Persimmon and Avocado, that turned out fabulous and healthy.
Sweet persimmon is combined with crunchy and tart pomegranate arils. Then, creamy and buttery avocado, crisp spinach leaves and citrusy orange zest is added. This Pomegranate Salad is pure bliss, it has everything I love and the contrast of flavors and textures is irresistible.
Why you will love this Pomegranate Salad
- First, the textures and the flavors are balanced and delicious.
- Also, using seasonal ingredients this salad is fun and tasty.
- You can make a big batch for your holiday table and everyone will enjoy it.
- In addition, the different colors make it festive and you will see how much your guests will love it.
Now, the dressing, lets talk about the dressing, cause I literally eat it by spoon. Its one of my best vegan dressings! I like the combination of savory and sweet, so for the already sweet Persimmon Avocado Pomegranate Salad I went for a more savory dressing.
The dressing is creamy, garlicky, with a lemon and basil aroma. Its packed with olive oil, garlic, fresh parsley, lemon juice and fresh basil. Its truly delicious and it can be used on many other dishes, like pasta and different marinades. Meat eaters can pour it galore on chicken or steak. If you prefer sweet dressings, I would recommend a raspberry vinaigrette for this salad, or you can go for a simple olive oil, salt and pepper to let the other ingredients shine.
Prep time: 15 minutes Total time: 15 mins
Vegan Green Dressing:
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley (tops only)
- 1/2 bunch basil (tops only)
- 1 jalapeno (seedless and chopped)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 large lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups spinach
- 2 ripe hachiya persimmons (halved and thinly sliced)
- 2 large avocados (cut into wedges)
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Vegan Green Dressing:
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl of a small food processor and process until smooth or until you achieve the desired texture. Transfer to a bowl and season to taste with salt, if needed add more lemon juice.
- Store the dressing into airtight small mason jars, or dressing bottles. The dressing will stay good for 2 weeks in the fridge.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss spinach with dressing until well coated. Distribute between two individual salad bowls, or into a single large salad bowl.
- Arrange persimmon and avocado slices on the spinach, then scatter with pomegranate arils and orange zest.
- Serve immediately.