No Bake Samoa Cheesecake is so creamy and indulgent. Topped with chocolate ganache, lots of toasted coconuts and finished with caramel sauce.
No Bake Samoa Cheesecake is one the best cheesecakes I have ever made. If you love Girl Scout Samoa cookies, you will go crazy for this cheesecake! It is so heavenly creamy and indulgent that everyone will ask for seconds. The No Bake Samoa Cheesecake is made with a mix of cream cheese and mascarpone cheese, for extra creaminess.
Instant coconut pudding mix is added into the whipped cream for an irresistible coconut flavor. Desiccated coconut is stirred into the cheesecake batter for an amazing texture.
Topped with chocolate ganache and lots of toasted coconuts and finished with a sweet caramel sauce, just like your favorite cookie. You have to try this cheesecake, bonus points for being no bake and so easy to make!
Samoa Cheesecake Recipe Tips:
- The mascarpone and cream cheese should be at room temperature.
- Don’t replace the mascarpone with cream cheese. The mascarpone has a richer and creamier texture, it will make a huge difference in this cake.
- Don’t over mix or whisk the cheeses on high speed. The mascarpone tends to separate if over mixed, so best to mix on medium speed.
- You can make the cheesecake and layer it in parfait glasses as individual desserts.
- Before adding the graham cracker crust to the springform pan, make sure you spray it with baking spray.
- Chilling the cheesecake enough is very important, if you want to get perfect slices. I recommend chilling for at least 6 hours or better, overnight.
- The heavy whipping cream should be very cold, straight from the fridge. It would be good to chill the mixing bowl for 10 minutes, before whipping the cream.
- Do NOT try to bake this cheesecake batter, it does not contain any eggs, therefore its not intended to be baked.
How to slice a cheesecake:
- Run a long, sharp thin-bladed slicing knife under hot tap water or dip it into a glass of hot water prior to slicing the cheesecake. Wipe the knife clean and run it under hot water before making another cut.
- An easy, mess-free way to cut even slices is to use cheese wire or unflavored dental floss. Clean the bits that stuck to the wire/floss before every cut.
HOW TO PREVENT CRACKS IN THE EGGNOG CHEESECAKE?
- First, make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature and well combined after being mixed.
- Also, avoid opening the door oven while baking the cheesecake.
- In addition, cooling the cheesecake in the oven, with the door slightly will prevent cracks.
- Similarly, of you bake the cheesecake in a water bath, you will avoid cracks.
HOW TO FIX A CRACKED CHEESECAKE?
There are a few easy ways to hide or fix a cracked cheesecake top. Check my detailed Cheesecake post for all the details.
Can you freeze the Cheesecake:
Yes, you can freeze it BEFORE you top it with the ganache. Wrap cheesecake tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in heavy-duty freezer bag. Properly stored, it will maintain the best quality for about 2 to 3 months.
Tools I used in the making of the No Bake Samoa Cheesecake :
- Springform Pan – love the quality of this one and it is leakproof.
- Desiccated Coconut – can be used as an ingredient in savory and sweet recipes both to impart a coconut flavor and texture and as a topping or coating.
- Coconut Extract – for a delightful coconut flavor.
- Coconut Pudding – I used this one to add an extra coconut flavor to my cheesecake.
Here is a step by step video for you:
Prep time: 40 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 50 mins
- 1 package Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 8oz packages original cream cheese
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 1 package instant coconut pudding mix
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (hot)
- 2 cups coconut flakes (toasted)
- Caramel sauce
- Add Graham cracker crumbs to a medium bowl and mix with melted butter until fully combined. Press the mixture onto the bottom and sides of the spring form pan. Use a measuring cup to press the mixture, it makes the process very easy. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, mix together cream cheese, mascarpone cheese and sugar on medium-low speed until combined. Stop once to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Do not mix on high speed or over-mix, as the mascarpone cheese can start to separate.
- Add the coconut extract and desiccated coconut, mix just until combined.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, add the cold heavy whipping cream and instant pudding mix. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Manually, using a spatula, fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone cream cheese mixture. Make sure it all combined, mix on low speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Spread the cheesecake filling evenly into the prepared springform pan.
- Set the cheesecake in the refrigerator to chill and firm, 5-6 hours or better, overnight.
- Add chocolate chips and corn syrup to a medium bowl.
- Heat heavy cream in the microwave for 1 minute, until hot.
- Pour hot heavy cream over the chocolate chips, let stand for 1 minute and using a spatula stir to combine. Stir well until all the chocolate is dissolved and the mixture is shiny and smooth. If needed microwave for 30 seconds to melt any remaining small lumps.
- Let cool to room temperature, but not to harden.
- Remove cheesecake from the springform pan, by first running a thin knife around the sides.
- Pour chocolate ganache over the cheesecake and distribute evenly using a spatula.
Toasted Coconut Flakes:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spread coconut flakes on a baking sheet in a thin layer and bake in the preheated oven. The flakes will toast very quickly and won't take more than 5-10 minutes, so watch them closely.
- After a few minutes stir the coconut to help ensure even color.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle on top of the cheesecake.
- Slice cheesecake, serve with caramel sauce.
- Always serve chilled and store in the fridge.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Prep time does not include chilling time.