Ginger Crispy Sesame Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Crispy Sesame Chicken with a delicious ginger flavor can be made in less than 30 minutes! Quicker and tastier than take-out!
Ginger Crispy Sesame Chicken is so easy to make and so full of flavor that you will never order take-out anymore! Start to finish this meal is ready in less than 30 minutes, perfect for those busy weeknights. The Crispy Sesame Chicken is coated in the most flavorful sauce made with lots of fresh ginger, brown sugar and orange juice! The Crispy Sesame Chicken can be served over rice or in lettuce cups like I did here.
Why You’ll Love This Crispy Sesame Chicken Recipe:
- Bursting with flavor and coated in the most delicious, sweet and flavorful ginger sauce.
- Incredibly easy to make in no more than 30 minutes, can also be made in advance and reheated before serving.
- Packed with protein and fiber if you opt for brown rice.
- Would be great to pack for lunch.
- Leftovers are delicious.
- Crispy, sweet and flavorful, can be served over rice and lettuce cups.
Tips & Tricks on how to make the perfect Ginger Crispy Sesame Chicken:
- I always say this, but a good meat centered meal starts with quality meat, so use organic chicken breasts.
- Cornstarch is a key ingredient in here, do not try to replace it with flour, the results will not be the same.
- Using fresh ginger and garlic will add amazing flavor and taste to the sauce, the fresh ginger is a key ingredient so don’t replace it with ginger powder.
- Don’t be scared by the amount of oil, it will be discarded after you fry the chicken.
- Use a Dutch oven or large/deep pot when frying the chicken, the oil will get very hot and bubbly and you don’t want to burn yourself.
- Cook the chicken to a golden brown perfection, if you a looking for very crispy texture.
- You can use more or less garlic, depends how much you like it.
- If you want the chicken juicier, remove it from the frying pan after 3-4 minutes of cooking, right after the chicken has just cooked.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make the Ginger Crispy Sesame Chicken Recipe:
- Soy Sauce – I like using lite say sauce in my recipes, as it has less sodium and its easier from me to control the saltiness of the dish, I always buy a large bottle like this one and keep it in my pantry.
- Sesame Seeds – these little guys are perfect in asian recipes, also sprinkled on salads and fish, a jar will last you a long time.
- Cornstarch – I prefer using cornstarch instead of flour to thicken sauces, and this organic brand is my favorite.
Ginger Crispy Sesame Chicken
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch divided
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2– 3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Fresh green onion chopped
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
Heat peanut oil over medium heat in a large deep pot or Dutch oven.
In a large bowl, combine chicken strips with 2 tablespoons cornstarch, toss to coat and let the chicken absorb the cornstarch for 5 minutes.
When ready to fry the chicken, add the remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch and toss well so its evenly distributed over the chicken.
Line a large plate with paper towels, set aside.
Cook chicken until golden and crisp, stirring often, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer to the prepared paper towel-lined plate.
In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, orange juice, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil and cook until slightly thickened, for about 1-2 minutes. Stir sauce during the cooking.
When the chicken is ready, add it to the saucepan with the ginger sauce, gently toss to combine and cook for 1 minute.
Serve immediately over rice, garnished with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.
If you like this recipe, you will love this quick and easy Mongolian Chicken: