Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and rich in chocolate, with golden brown edges and gooey centers. This recipe is made with only a few ingredients and ready in less than one hour.
This is the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and the only one you need because it is perfect and super delicious. They are our favorite to make and are always amazing and chewy. I also love M&M Cookie Bars, Cranberry Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies, and Fudgy Walnut Coffee Brownies.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect to make for any events, or simply to enjoy with a glass of milk. They are the ultimate comfort food at it’s finest. I am excited to be sharing this recipe with you today. In my opinion, it’s perfect and one of the easiest cookie recipes to make.
They’re simple to prepare, and once cooked, result in thick beautiful desserts, that are golden brown and crisp at the edges, while remaining gooey and soft at the center. In addition, it requires only a few ingredients to make them, and little time to prepare. Whether you take them to a party, enjoy them for breakfast, they are guaranteed to be a big success.
WHAT MAKES THIS THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE?
- Texture: It all starts with a soft center and chewy brown edges.
- Flavor: They have a buttery and sweet flavor, that is loaded with chocolate chips. Once you bite into them, they melt in your mouth and are irresistible!
- Easiness to make: This is a one-bowl recipe that requires few ingredients and little time. Simply mix the ingredients together, scoop them out, and bake. It’s that simple!
WHAT KIND OF BUTTER MAKES THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
I always use unsalted butter when it comes to cooking because I can control the amount of salt added myself. Salted butter will work as well, but you have to be careful when adding the salt after in the mixture.
So, if using salted butter, make sure to reduce the salt by about 1/4 teaspoon. Another important aspect is to use melted butter, and once combined with sugar, it will give them a deeper flavor and also nicer texture.
DO I HAVE TO CHILL THE DOUGH?
I highly recommend chilling the dough as the benefits are significant. You can chill the dough as little as 30 minutes, but to get the best homemade cookies, I suggest chilling the dough for at least 24 hours.
This will result in the flavors to intensify, as the flour will absorb more of the moisture in the dough during this time. As a result, it creates a perfect texture with chewy outside and soft inside. Therefore, if time permits definitely give this important trick a try!
What is the best chocolate to use?
I usually go with semi-sweet kind, but you can use any kind you like. Whichever type you go with, just make sure to use good quality chocolate chips. Also, if you go with mini chocolate chips, it might make end up making every bite a chocolatey, so keep this in mind.
If you love thicker cut cookies, try going with larger sized chocolate chips. Similarly, mixing up the chips is also an option, like white, dark, or even mint chips.
WHY DID MY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES TURN OUT FLAT?
For best results, follow the recipe step by step closely. However, there are a few reasons why they turned out flat. Try to avoid these common mistakes:
- Adding too much or too little baking soda will cause flat, lumpy, or greasy cookies.
- Do not overwork the dough (especially likely with cutouts). Once the flour is added to avoid having the dough stiffen up as it is worked.
- When possible, always refrigerate the dough before baking.
- Similarly, if too much sugar is used, they will turn out crusty. Therefore, next time cut back on sugar or use brown sugar instead, as it has more moisture. Also, you could use half butter and half shortening. Butter and sugar make cookies spread.
- Check oven temperature accuracy not to overbake them. Bake for a few minutes less, or reduce the temperature by 25 degrees.
How to Keep Cookies Fresh?
If you end up with few extras on hand, there are few tricks to use to keep them fresh and soft for a longer period.
To start with, they can be stored in an airtight container at room temp for up to 5 days. Also, to keep them soft, add an apple wedge, or a piece of bread, on the top and bottom of the cookies to the container a day or two after baking them. The cookies will absorb the moisture from the bread, making them soft and chewy again.
How to freeze chocolate chip cookies?
Before freezing, make sure they are completely cooled. For best result, try freezing them individually, by placing them in an airtight container in layers, separated by parchment, wax, or freezer paper. Freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
- Use a meatball scooper to make consistently round cookies. This will help make sure all cookies are the same size, and thickness resulting in uniform baking.
- Additionally, they can be made with macadamia and white chocolate chunks, double peanut butter chips, or even salted butterscotch toffee.
- Before cooking, line flat baking sheets with parchment paper and be sure to give the dropped dough plenty of air space. This will prevent them from bumping into each other as they spread.
- Try not to use a dark pan when baking, as may result in dark cookies.
Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 30 mins
Nutrition informationCalories: 532 Carbohydrates: 74 Protein: 8 Fat: 22 Saturated Fat: 11 Cholesterol: 33 Sodium: 125 Potassium: 201 Fiber: 1 Sugar: 33 Vitamin A: 150 Vitamin C: 0.2 Calcium: 104 Iron: 2.7