Sticky Orange Beef made in one pan in just 20 minutes, is full of flavor, made with fresh orange zest, orange juice, fresh ginger, and brown sugar.
After making Instant Pot Orange Chicken, it became one of the most popular dishes on the blog. Since orange-flavored dishes are in such demand, I decided to add a few more recipes to the list. This Sticky Orange Beef will not disappoint.
Sticky Orange Beef – One Pan
Sticky Orange Beef is one of my favorite quick and easy Asian dinners to make. This meal comes together in 20 minutes and it tastes amazing. A delicious combination of sweet and savory, deliciously sticky and full of flavor that no one can resist. It has a perfect balance and a nice Chinese inspired flavors to it.
Also, the Sticky Orange Beef is bursting with fresh flavors like orange zest and freshly grated ginger. Brown sugar adds sweetness and a deep flavor, it also gives the beef the most amazing sticky coating, you will lick your fingers clean. Served over rice, the sticky sauce is fantastic. This meal is the perfect quick dinner and it makes for a yummy lunch that you can pack to-go.
Sticky Orange Beef Recipe Tips:
- I like to use flank steak for this recipe, cut it into strips across the grain. Also, make sure you use high quality and fresh meat.
- In addition, use fresh orange zest and freshly grated ginger. It will add amazing flavor to the meal.
- You can use more or less garlic in this recipe, based on your preference.
- Similarly, for spicier kick, you can use more red pepper flakes.
- Also, if you don’t have sesame oil on hand, use canola or vegetable oil.
- The brown sugar is amazing in this recipe. However, you can also use honey if you want to make it healthier.
What is best to serve with Sticky Orange Beef?
- White or Brown Rice
- Vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus or bok choy
How to make Orange Zest?
- First, rinse the orange.
- Then, set your tool over a cutting board. A microplane produces a very fine zest, perfect for baking and cooking. If you don’t have a microplane, use the smallest holes on an ordinary grater.
- Next, grate the skin of the orange only. Grate just enough to get through the orange skin, this way you can avoid the bitter white pith underneath.
- Rotate the orange and repeat. Once the white pith is exposed, rotate the orange and zest the next strip of peel. Repeat until most of the peel is removed, or until you have enough zest for your recipe.
How to store it?
This is an easy recipe to store, and leftovers taste even better the following days. First, let the dish completely cool down. Then, transfer it to an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Also, you can freeze it. Simply, transfer the beef to an freezer-safe dish. It can be stored for up to 3 months.
Sticky Orange Beef
Sticky Orange Beef made in one pan, is full of flavor, made with fresh orange zest, orange juice, fresh ginger and brown sugar.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 20 mins