Skinny Blueberry Banana Bread is a delicious no refined sugar added, oil free, snack.
Skinny Blueberry Banana Bread
Skinny Blueberry Banana Bread is a breakfast perfect, fast and quick snacks. This bread is made with oats, cashews, Greek yogurt, eggs, no sugar has been added, which makes it a perfect high protein, filling snack.
Instead of butter I used apple sauce, which adds the perfect ratio of moisture. Grinding the cashew and oats helps create some nice crumbles. Ripe bananas bring in sweetness, and I added some honey to make the bread taste more like dessert. We all loved the addition of blueberries, and the tartness paired nicely with other flavors. They also added a nice purple color and were a great hit with the little one.
Looking for Banana Desserts? You should try these:
Skinny Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe Tips:
- You should use fresh blueberries in this recipe, frozen will add extra moisture and the texture will be very different.
- You also can use any other fresh berries, like raspberries or blackberries.
- If you want to use strawberries in this recipe, you will have to slice them and toss them in 1 tablespoon of flour before adding them to the batter.
- Bananas must be brown, very ripe, and easy to mush. Obviously, don’t wait for the bananas to turn completely brown, that is over doing it.
How should I store Blueberry Banana Bread?
The bread can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for 4 days.
Can I freeze Blueberry Banana Bread?
Absolutely. This bread also freezes well. Cool the bread completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, very tightly. After that wrap it in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost before slicing.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes Total time: 55 mins
- 1 cup cashews (grinded)
- 1 cup oatmeal (grinned)
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 4 oz apple sauce (unsweetened )
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl combine the cashews, oatmeal and bananas; add the eggs, yogurt, honey and apple sauce. With a spatula mix until well incorporated. Fold in flour, baking powder, when all mixed in fold in carefully the blueberries.
- Bake for 40min or until a tooth stick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean or with just a few crumbles on.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan and slicing.