A delicious no refined sugar added, oil free, skinny blueberry banana bread, made with oatmeal is perfect as a snack or for dessert.
I love that this skinny blueberry banana bread is wholesome and full of delicious healthy ingredients. I feel comfortable feeding it to my toddler and I snack on it guilt free during the day. As of late, my little boy is in love with blueberries and bananas, and I get it, I can eat those two all day long as well.
And as long as these beautiful and delicious ingredients are combined into a healthy cake, I am more than happy to share it with my son. I am sure that when pre-school starts in September I will include this oatmeal banana bread in his lunch box.
To get some more variety for breakfast and quick snacks I decided to whip this super easy and delicious banana bread. This bread is made with oats, cashews, greek yogurt, eggs, no sugar has been added, which makes it a perfect high protein, filling snack.
Instead of butter I used apple sauce, which adds the perfect ratio of moisture. Grinding the cashew and oats helps create some nice crumbles. Ripe bananas bring in sweetness, and I added some honey to make the bread taste more like dessert. We all loved the addition of blueberries, the tartness paired nicely with other flavors, they also added a nice purple color and were a great hit with the little one.
- 1 cup cashews - grinded
- 1 cup oatmeal - grinded
- 2 ripe bananas - mashed
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cups plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 4oz unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat over to 350. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl combine the cashews, oatmeal and bananas, add the eggs, yogurt, honey and apple sauce, with a spatula mix until well incorporated. Fold in flour, baking powder, when all mixed in fold in carefully the blueberries.
- Bake for 40min or until a tooth stick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean or with just a few crumbles on.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan and slicing.