No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake is smooth, decadent, moist, and everything you like in a chocolaty dessert! Make it with this easy recipe and enjoy a slice in no time!
Nutella Cheesecake Recipe
No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake always perks me up when I have it. It is so delicious that it sometimes slips my mind that this is so easy to make.
Yes! You can make this dessert without the oven which is another advantage aside from it being so yummy. This cuts the prep time and most of it will be spent just waiting for the whole thing to set and firm up.
This dessert makes for a great afternoon snack or a perfect ending to a savory feast. The sweetness and tartness balance beautifully into a rich concoction.
I love how the hazelnut flavor comes across and it melds well with the cream cheese. Make it now and your guests will be left wanting for more! They would not even notice that it is not baked!
What is a no-bake cheesecake?
It is a version of the cream cheese-based dessert that has no eggs. This means that this dessert spares of you the common troubles of cracking, sinking, and leaking that are associated with baking.
But it does not mean that this version is inferior to the real thing. It is just an easier recipe that still results in a velvety and mousse-like outcome.
How to Make No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake
- Prep the crust: Get the cookies and crush them. Combine the crumbs with melted butter to moisten. Then, press down the moist crumbs onto the bottom of the pan to make the crust. Refrigerate it and while doing so, proceed with the filling.
- Make the filling: Prepare the gelatin by dissolving it in hot water. Whisk together cream cheese and the powdered ingredients until fully incorporated, then, whisk in the Nutella. Then, fold in the whipped cream.
- Chill: Pour the filling into the crust, even out the surface, then, cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate it to set.
- Serve: Decorate with chocolate or nuts or both, then, refrigerate before serving.
Can you make it without gelatin?
Yes! You can do this, simply leave it out. Although this could guarantee a firm dessert, you can also achieve that using just the core ingredients and with proper technique.
Why is my No-Bake Cheesecake too soft?
Two common reasons could lead to this problem:
- Inadequate chilling: You need to chill this dessert for at least four hours for it to set. If you can still wait, then, chill it overnight for optimum results.
- Too much beating: Overbeating cream cheese can make it runny because of chemistry changes. Make sure that you use it when it is completely at room temperature so that it will be lump-free when you beat it.
Can you make No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake in advance?
Yes, you can! You need to set it so it will still sit in the fridge for hours. You can do this one day in advance for optimum preparation.
How to Store:
- Refrigerate: Cover it tightly and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Wrap it tightly and it could last in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- You can make the crust out of ground Oreo cookies, graham crackers, or chocolate biscuits.
- A simple topping suggestion is to pipe whipped cream, top with nuts, and drizzle some Nutella. Heat the hazelnut spread in the microwave to make it less viscous. Or, melt it together with heavy cream and spread on the top.
- Slice this dessert using a warm knife for a clean cut. Simply warm the knife in hot water, then, wipe it dry before using it.
Prep time: 30 minutes Total time: 6 hrs 30 mins
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 package unflavored gelatin (4 envelopes)
- 2/3 cup water (cold)
- 12 ounces milk chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella
- 32 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (cold)
Whipped Cream (optional):
- 2 cups heavy cream (cold)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 mini Oreos
- Lightly coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Add the cookies to a ziplock bag, and crush them using a rolling pin.
- Add the cookie crumbs and melted butter to a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add the mixture to the prepared springform pan and using a measuring cup, press it to line the sides about 1 inch up of the pan edges.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Add 2/3 cup of cold water to a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin on top. Let it bloom for 1-2 minutes. Whisk to combine, microwave for 30 seconds and whisk until fully combine and a gelatin mixture is formed. Set aside.
- Add the 20 ounces of chopped chocolate to a medium bowl, microwave in 30 seconds increments and stir until the chocolate is fully melted. The mixture should be smooth and shiny. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, add Nutella and melted chocolate and beat until combined. Stop a few times to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add cold whipping cream to a medium bowl, add the gelatin mixture to it and whisk manually to combine.
- Add the cream and gelatin mixture to the cream cheese mixture and using a mixer beat it until fully combined.
- Spread the cheesecake filling evenly onto the prepared pan.
- Set the cheesecake in the refrigerator to chill and firm, 5-6 hours or better, overnight.
Whipped Cream (optional):
- Add the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla, to a large bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add to a piping bag fitted with the star tip and pipe around the cake edges or just serve on the side of individual slices.
- Garnish with mini Oreos.
Cut the Cheesecake:
- Run a butter knife around the edges of the cheesecake. Remove the pan ring.
- Cut into slices, washing the knife after each slice and serve.