MINI MEATBALL PIES ARE THE PERFECT PARTY APPETIZER OR FUN DINNER. INCREDIBLY EASY TO MAKE, THESE ARE READY IN 30 MINUTES AND PERFECT FOR BUSY FAMILIES.
Mini Meatball Pies are so tasty and perfect to dip into some marinara or pesto sauce. These savory and hearty pies are very easy to make and you can adjust the flavors to your own preference, I personally like them with pesto and cheese. The Mini Meatball Pies are ready in just 30 minutes and with just a few ingredients. I love making them with my toddler, he enjoys pressing the edges together and after that having some with lots of marinara sauce. I love serving these for parties, they make a great appetizer that everyone enjoys or for a small bites dinner with some salad on the side.
Why You’ll Love Mini Meatball Pies:
- You can adjust the flavors as you want
- Incredibly easy to make in 30 minutes, can also be made in advance and reheated in the microwave before serving
- Can be enjoyed hot or cold
- Great party appetizer, always a crowd pleaser
- Can be made with kids
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cooked Perfect® Meatballs. All opinions are 100% mine.
The beauty of this recipe is that you don’t have to bake the pie crust, I used refrigerated biscuit dough. Also, you don’t have to cook the meatballs, I used Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs. More about Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs:
- Absolutely love the convenience of buying perfectly cooked meatballs, that I can add to so many dishes
- Love the texture and the flavors, I used the Italian Style Beef & Pork in this recipe
- Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs come in four flavors: Italian Style Beef & Pork, Korean BBQ Beef & Pork, Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken, and Italian Style with Parmesan & Mozzarella Chicken
- The meatballs are fully cooked with no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives also flame broiled to lock in the savory flavors of each mouthwatering meatballs!
- Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs are currently available in the Mid-Atlantic, North East and Chicago. Find a store.
- Find Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs in the refrigerated meat and poultry section
- The meatballs come in a convenient microwavable steam pouch that heats them in just minutes.
Tips & Tricks on how to make the perfect Mini Meatball Pies:
- I used regular biscuit dough for the crust, the buttermilk ones rise more and they create a larger pie, so I recommend the regular ones
- You can add half a meatball or an entire meatball to a pie, in either case make sure the biscuit dough is well flatten, pressed and rolled so you will have enough to cover the meatball. Also depends on how large the meatballs are.
- The pie filling can vary based on your preference, I like using minced garlic, pesto, and cheese.
- Other delicious fillings are, fresh basil, marinara sauce, more cheese, chopped jalapeños
- When adding the pesto (or marinara) on top of the biscuit round, make sure it does not touch the edges, otherwise it will be hard to seal the edges together
- For that golden crust, I brushed the pies with melted butter before baking, and one more time 2/3 into the baking process
Mini Meatball Pies are the perfect party appetizer or fun dinner. Incredibly easy to make, these are ready in 30 minutes and perfect for busy families.
- 3 cans refrigerated biscuits 10 biscuits per can
- 8 Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs
- 15 teaspoons pesto store bought
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese quartered
- 10 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cover 1 large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Slice the meatballs in half and set aside.
Separate dough into biscuits. Press or roll each to form 5-inch round. Place 15 biscuit rounds on the cookie sheet, 1 inch apart. If needed use 2 cookie sheets.
To each biscuit round add: 1 teaspoon pesto, a little minced garlic, 2 quarters of a cheese slice and half of a meatball.
Cover meatballs with the remaining 15 biscuit rounds. Press edges with fork to seal. Prick top of each 3 times with fork.
Brush each with melted butter; sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. 2/3 thru baking time brush the pies with butter one more time.
Once baked, immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm with marinara sauce or pesto for dipping.
Save $1.00 on Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs!