Cheesy Jalapeno Ham Sliders are stuffed with fresh jalapenos, lots of cheese and brushed with Parmesan garlic butter for the perfect golden finish.
Cheesy Jalapeno Ham Sliders
These Cheesy Jalapeno Ham Sliders are to die for. First, they are stuffed with a good amount of Swiss and creamy white cheddar cheese, ham and fresh chopped jalapenos for some heat. Then, they are brushed with a garlic Parmesan butter mixture and poppy seeds. These sliders are a great way to use any leftover ham or deli ham you may have on hand.
Why You’ll Love These Jalapeño Ham Sliders:
- Firstly, very easy and quick to make, 5 minutes of prep work and maximum 15 minutes of baking.
- Also, can be made for a crowd, as a delicious appetizer or to share for dinner.
- The garlic Parmesan butter finish pairs perfectly with the jalapeno heat, which make they super delicious.
- In addition, it’s a great way to use leftover ham or deli ham.
Cheesy Jalapeno Ham Sliders Recipe Tips:
- Use quality deli ham, preferably organic as it taste better and is healthier.
- Also, don’t skip the mayo, it makes these sliders juicier and tender.
- Similarly, you can skip the jalapenos or add more, based on how much heat you can handle.
- Don’t over-bake them. I like mine golden brown, but the most you need to bake them is 12-15 minutes. Hence, I would start watching them at the 10 minute mark.
- In addition, using a blend of 2 cheeses adds extra flavor.
- Before serving make sure you slice them well, otherwise you risk to disassemble them.
Can you refrigerate the Jalapeno Ham Sliders?
Yes. wrap the sliders with aluminum foil and store them in a large airtight container in the fridge. Best used for up to 3-4 days.
Tools/ingredients that I used to make the Jalapeño Ham Sliders:
- Garlic Powder – no recipe in my house is made without garlic unless we are talking about cake. Garlic powder is versatile and it will add a lot of flavor to your main dishes.
- Hawaiian Rolls – these are not hamburger rolls, so don’t mistake them, I used the 16 rolls pack.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 30 mins
- 12-count or 16-count hawaiian sweet rolls
- ½ cup mayo regular or reduced fat
- 5 cloves garlic (minced )
- 2 jalapeño peppers (seeded and thinly chopped)
- 9 slices deli-style ham
- 9 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup creamy white cheddar cheese (shredded)
Garlic Butter Mixture:
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Lightly grease with butter or cooking spray a 9x13-inch baking dish, set aside.
- With a sharp bread knife, slice rolls crosswise so that the rolls are split in half. It's better when cutting to not separate the rolls, so they are still connected on one side, but thats not mandatory, it will just help keep all the fillings tighter inside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo and minced garlic and spread it over the bottom halves.
- Top with chopped jalapeño peppers, ham slices, then swiss cheese, and then shredded cheese, distribute it evenly.
- In a small bowl whisk together melted butter, garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- Brush the bottom of the top halves with the butter mixture, and then place them on top of the bottom halves.
- Brush the sandwiches with the remaining butter mixture, sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melty and sliders are golden-brown on top.
- Start checking on the sandwiches at the 10 minute mark to make sure you don't burn them.
- Using a sharp knife slice them well and serve warm.