Avocado Tuna Salad is served over toasted buckwheat and kale, with crunchy radishes. It is nutritious, fresh and hearty with a spicy kick.
Avocado Tuna Salad
Avocado Tuna Salad is a a quick and delicious salad made easily at home. I used white albacore in water as the main protein in this dish. Then, I mixed it with a ripe avocado, lemon juice and chopped jalapeno for a spicier kick. Just look at those tuna salad scoops, you can see huge chunks of tuna, and this is what I love about it: the firm texture, light color and fresh taste.
I served the Avocado Tuna Salad over a bed of kale mixed with buckwheat. In addition, I added some sliced radishes for a pop of color and some crunchiness. This salad is perfect and I like how quickly it comes together. Also being super filling, nutritious and delicious. To save time during the week, I usually cook some buckwheat during the weekend and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. I add it to salads or use it instead of rice. For the perfect kale texture, I massage the kale with some lemon juice and olive oil, so its soft and tender.
Why you will enjoy this Avocado Tuna Salad
- It is easy to make with minimal ingredients.
- Also, it is healthy and rich in protein.
- In addition, contains lots of vitamins from kale and buckwheat
- Can be topped with various flavors, such as tuna, chicken, bacon.
Suggestions for the perfect Avocado Tuna Salad:
- Firstly, try to use organic products. I know they are more expensive, but taste wise they make a difference.
- Also, if you want to add more proteins to the salad, add some extra beans.
- Avocado should not bee too ripe, as it will make the salad mushy.
- In addition, you can substitute tuna with chicken or bacon, or other meats if wanted.
Avocado Tuna Salad
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 40 mins