Jalapeño Avocado Tuna Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Mayo Free Jalapeño Avocado Tuna Salad is served over toasted buckwheat and kale, with crunchy radishes. Nutritious, fresh and hearty with a spicy kick.
Thank you Bumble Bee Seafoods for sponsoring this post. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Gotta love a good and easy salad that can be easily made for lunch and dinner and even enjoyed at your office desk, this Jalapeño Avocado Tuna Salad is definitely that type of salad. I bake a lot of cakes and treats, but my motto is definitely everything in moderation and I try to have a clean and balanced diet, so I can still fit into my pants.
As a full-time working mom I have my hands full so I am always looking for ways to make a quick and delicious lunch or dinner and with this Jalapeño Avocado Tuna Salad I hit the jackpot. I used Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water as the main protein in this dish and mixed it with a ripe avocado, lemon juice and chopped jalapeño for a spicy kick. Just look at those tuna salad scoops, you can see huge chunks of tuna, and this is what I love about it: the firm texture, light color and fresh taste. I prefer using Solid White Albacore over Chunk Light Tuna, as Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna is quality you can see the moment you open the can. I actually end up eating it staring from the can many, many times!
I served the Jalapeño Avocado Tuna Salad over a bed of kale mixed with buckwheat. I added some sliced radishes for a pop of color and some crunchiness. This salad is perfect and I like how quickly it comes together, also being super filling, nutritious and delicious. To save time during the week, I usually cook some buckwheat during the weekend and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. I add it to salads or use it instead of rice. For the perfect kale texture, I massage the kale with some lemon juice and olive oil, so its soft and tender.
Seriously, this salad is packed with so many amazing textures and flavors, that I just want to eat it every day! Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore is the perfect ingredient to deliciously enhance almost any recipe, adding a variety of nutrients – including lean protein, healthy fat and important vitamins and minerals. You can check their website for full nutritional facts.
Bumble Bee® offers responsibly wild caught Albacore that is delicious, versatile, high in protein and absolutely perfect as the main ingredient in any meal. You can learn more about it HERE.
- 1 can Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water, drain water
- 1/2 cup toasted buckwheat
- 2 large kale leaves, washed
- 4-5 radishes, cleaned and sliced
- 1 avocado, flesh only
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Place buckwheat in a rice colander and wash, drain excess water.
- Add buckwheat to a medium bowl, pour 1 cup of hot water over it and cover with a towel or dish. Let it stand for 30 minutes, drain any excess water, add half to a salad dish or transfer to a container if not using immediately.
- Remove stems from kale leaves and discard. Chop kale and add it to a medium bowl. Mix with olive oil, one teaspoon of lemon juice and dash of salt, massage the leaves with your hands for one minute and add to the bowl with buckwheat, add sliced radishes and give it a stir.
- In a small bowl mash the avocado, add tuna, jalapeño, one teaspoon of lemon juice and dash of salt. Mix until well combined and scoop on top of the salad. This mixture is also great in sandwiches or wraps.
- Serve and enjoy!