Surprise Batman Cake is perfect for playdates, fun, soft and flavorful, kids and parents will enjoy it equally.
Surprise Batman Cake
The Surprise Batman Cake was a big hit with kids and adults alike. I made this cake for a playdate, and all the kids were equally impressed when I cut and exposed the batman inside. The cake is guaranteed to make the party booming. With this cake, you can rest assured a playdate or party event will be a success with kids and adults alike.
This is a very easy cake to make and is actually very tender and flavorful. I absolutely hate dry cakes, so I decided to make this Surprise Batman Cake dense and moist. It will be loved by kids and adults, with its soft texture and sweet taste. It is also super easy to make, no crazy ingredients are needed. The same batter is used for the Batman Shapes, just add some food coloring. If you want to keep it on the natural side you can add a little cacao powder, but the Batman shapes will be brown in that case.
Why you will love this Surprise Batman Cake?
- It is very easy to make with limited ingredients.
- The cake will be a hit with kids and adults alike.
- Cool project to have with kids.
- Easily transportable.
- Can be made 1-2 days in advance, so you don’t have to bother making it the last minute.
Surprise Batman Cake Recipe Tips:
- If you are having trouble cutting the Batman shapes, I recommend putting the black cake in the freezer for 30-40 minutes so it hardens. Also, spraying the cookie cutter with the baking spray will help as well.
- When adding the lemon batter over the Batman shapes, make sure you don’t add too much. It just needs to cover the shapes, and not to overflow from the pan when baking.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can play with the flavors, you can skip the lemon and add vanilla extract.
- The cake can be made using different shapes or colors as well.
How Long Will the Batman Cake Stay Fresh?
The Batman Cake can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for about 3-4 days.
How to make lemon zest?
Follow the easy steps below:
- Rinse the lemon.
- Set your tool over a cutting board. A microplane produces a very fine zest, perfect for baking and cooking. If you don’t have a microplane, use the smallest holes on an ordinary grater.
- Grate the yellow skin of the lemon only. Grate just enough to get through the yellow skin, this way you can avoid the bitter white pith underneath.
- Rotate the lemon and repeat. Once the white pith is exposed, rotate the lemon and zest the next strip of peel. Repeat until most of the peel is removed, or until you have enough zest for your recipe.
CAN YOU STORE AND FREEZE BATMAN CAKE?
Absolutely! Cool the cake completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After that wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2-3 months. Defrost before slicing.
Tools/Ingredients that I used to make the Batman Cake:
- Loaf Pan – love this pan, it cleans so well and it’s very durable
- Batman Cookie Cutter – this is a fun one, it can be used to make Batman cookies, cut into fondant or even make Batman toast
- Gel Food Coloring – I like having a range of colors of hand for when I bake something fun, gel food coloring is the best as it doesn’t add extra moisture to the batter or frosting
- See after the recipe card how I have arranged the batman cut-outs
Surprise Batman Cake
Prep time: 40 minutes Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hr 40 mins