Millionaire Bars are no-bake with a rich layer of cookie dough, topped with thick caramel and finished with chocolate.
Since we love caramel desserts, I try to mix different recipes on our blog. Among our favorite caramel desserts are Brown Butter Dulce de Leche Bars, Salted Caramel Apple Madelaines and Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake.
Easy Millionaire Bars
These No Bake Millionaire Bars are so decadent and delicious that you will feel instantly rich! Firstly, they feature a super thick layer of cookie dough. Secondly, they have a rich layer of caramel. Combining these two is just pure heaven. Then, they are topped with melted chocolate and fancy pink Himalayan sea salt for the perfect finish. Talk about an extravagant dessert, this is sure the one!
These bars are called Millionaire Bars for a reason! They are incredibly rich and honestly, they are worth every single calorie! If you are cookie dough, caramel, a chocolate lover you will fall in love with these! Also, these are perfect for any occasion, such as birthday parties, holidays!
Pin This Millionaire Bars Recipe to your Favorite Board
Why you will love these Millionaire Bars:
- Firstly, the bars look fancy and taste even better.
- Also, the chocolate and caramel combo is delicious.
- Similarly, the addition of salt gives them some sharpness and nice contrast.
- These are perfect for a party and special occasion.
- Rich, creamy and delicious, they are guaranteed to become a show stopper on the dessert table.
- In addition, the bars can be made 1-2 days in advance, so you don’t have to worry about cooking them at the last minute.
How Long Will The Bars Stay Fresh?
The bars can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for about 4-5 days. Also, you can store them in the fridge. Simply place them in an airtight container, or wrap in foil, and place in the fridge. Feel free to enjoy them refrigerated for up to 1 week.
How to freeze the Millionaire Bars?
Fully wrap the bars in plastic wrap tightly. Next, wrap in aluminum foil or place it in freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost before eating.
Cookie Dough Layer:
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cans (14oz each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (chopped)
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
Cookie Dough Layer:
- Line a 9-inch rectangular pan with waxed paper or parchment paper; the later needs to be sprayed with non stick baking spray. Ensure that the paper overlaps all edges to facilitate removal from the pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitter with the wire whisk, combine butter, both sugars and salt until soft and creamy, beat for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Mix in the cream and vanilla bean paste. Scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add in the flour and mix in until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough into the prepared pan into an even layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Caramel Layer:
- Add all the ingredients to a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk until the sugar dissolves, the butter melts and the mixture comes to a boil. Keep whisking constantly, until the caramel becomes thick, about 6 - 8 minutes. A candy thermometer should read 225 degrees F.
- Pour the caramel over the cookie dough layer and refrigerate until the caramel is set, about 1 hour.
- Add chocolate and cream to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 25 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is about 75% melted. Stir until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Spread the chocolate over the caramel layer and sprinkle with pink Himalayan sea salt.
- Refrigerate the bars for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Before serving, run a knife thru the sides of the bars, using the paper overhang, lift the bars out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board.
- Slice the bars with a sharp knife, wiping the knife with a paper towel between cuts.
- Slice into squares and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.