Cheesecake Mint Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Rich and chocolaty Mint Brownies are topped with a creamy Mint Cheesecake layer and finished with a sweet layer of Chocolate Ganache.
This post contains affiliate links at NO extra cost to you, I just like sharing the things that I love and worked for me. Thank you!
Cheesecake Mint Brownies are one of my favorite desserts ever! The combination of mine and chocolate is outstanding. The Mint Brownies are super chocolaty, rich and fudgy, topped with a creamy and refreshing Mint Cheesecake layer, they become the perfect treat for mint chocolate fans. A sweet layer of chocolate ganache is the perfect finish, as it makes the mint flavor shine!
- Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- Pomegranate Mousse Brownies
- Peanut Butter Mousse Brownies
- Red Velvet Creme Brulee Brownies
- Cognac Brownies
- Slutty Cheesecake Brownies
- Fudgy Walnut Coffee Brownies
- Seven Layer Brownies with M&M’s
- When you bake the brownies, the cheesecake layer first rises really high, it may even get a few cracks, don’t worry and don’t panic, the layer will level out once the brownies cool and the chocolate ganache will fix and hide any cracks
- Use high quality unsweetened cocoa powder and also high quality chocolate in the brownies and in the ganache, as the chocolate flavor is front and center here
- The food coloring is optional, but it will make the brownies more festive
- Make sure you don’t over-bake the brownies, they will become less fudgy if you do, but still delicious
- Before slicing the brownies, make sure the brownies are fully cooled and the chocolate ganache has settled, clean the knife after each cut, otherwise the slices will be messier, since chocolate sticks to the knife
- Non Stick Baking Pan – I use it for many recipes, brownies, fudge and blondies, the quality is great and it will last you a long time
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – delicious flavor, it will make any chocolate dessert amazing
- Dark Chocolate Melts/Wafers – I love using these for the chocolate ganache as they are so easy to melt
- Mint Extract – a little goes a long way, the mint flavor is refreshing and works perfectly in this chocolaty recipe
- Gel Food Coloring – this set comes in a variety of colors and it won’t add extra water to your recipe
- Parchment Paper – a kitchen staple, it just makes life so much easier with it’s non-stick magical powers
- For the Brownie Layer:
- Soft butter, for greasing the pan
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 ounces / 2½ sticks unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- ⅓ cup flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Cheesecake Layer:
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- Mint green or mint blue gel food color
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 10 ounces dark chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place parchment paper in an 11 X 7 inch pan so it covers the bottom and 2 sides (to facilitate the brownie removal). Butter the pan or spray with baking spray and set aside.
- Add chopped chocolate and butter to a medium, microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stir and microwave for another 30 seconds, stir until the ingredients are fully combined and melted. Set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with the wire attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow, add the sugar and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add the chocolate butter mixture and the remaining ingredients to the bowl, mix to combine. Stop once to scrape the sides of the bowl and mix on medium speed until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Cheesecake Layer:
- Place cream cheese in the clean bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy add the sugar and beat until combined. Add the egg and mint extract and beat until blended, stop once to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Mix in a few drops of gel food color, stir well to combine.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over the brownie.
- Bake for about 40 - 50 minutes until cheesecake is settled. Rotate pan half thru baking. The cheesecake should not be giggly in the middle and the sides should look golden brown.
- When done, remove from oven and place the pan on a cooling rack, do not remove the brownie from the pan.
- Add the chocolate wafers and light corn syrup to a heat safe bowl, add the heavy cream to a microwave safe cup and microwave for 1 minute until hot. Pour hot heavy cream over the chocolate wafers and let it sit for 1 min, stir until all chocolate is melted, fully combined with the cream. The mixture should be glossy and shiny.
- Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake layer, level it with a spatula and let the brownies cool. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Run a knife thru the sides of the pan that don't have parchment paper, using the parchment paper handles on the sides, lift the brownie from the pan and place on a cutting board.
- To cut the brownies, use a sharp kitchen knife, run it thru cold water, dry it slightly and slice. Clean the knife after each slice, as chocolate will stick to it.
Mint and Chocolate heaven!