Cheesecake Mint Brownies with Chocolate Ganache are rich, chocolaty, fudgy and easy to make at home. These decadent brownies are made of a layer of mint and covered in delicious chocolate are perfect for any occasions.
Cheesecake Mint Brownies
Cheesecake Mint Brownies are one of my favorite desserts ever! The combination of mint and chocolate is outstanding. The Mint Brownies are super chocolaty, rich and fudgy, topped with a creamy and refreshing Mint Cheesecake layer, they become the perfect treat for mint chocolate fans. A sweet layer of chocolate ganache is the perfect finish, as it makes the mint flavor shine!
Cheesecake Mint Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Recipe Tips:
- When you bake the brownies, the cheesecake layer first rises really high, it may even get a few cracks, don’t worry and don’t panic, the layer will level out once the brownies cool and the chocolate ganache will fix and hide any cracks.
- Use high quality unsweetened cocoa powder and also high quality chocolate in the brownies and in the ganache, as the chocolate flavor is front and center here.
- The food coloring is optional, but it will make the brownies more festive.
- Make sure you don’t over-bake the brownies, they will become less fudgy if you do, but still delicious.
- Before slicing the brownies, make sure the brownies are fully cooled and the chocolate ganache has settled, clean the knife after each cut, otherwise the slices will be messier, since chocolate sticks to the knife.
How to prevent cheesecake layer cracks:
- Making sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature and well combined after mixed.
- Avoid opening the door oven while baking the cheesecake.
- Watch the cheesecake layer closely to avoid over-baking it.
- When the sides are puffed and the center of the cheesecake is just slightly wobbly, the cheesecake is done.
How do I know when a cheesecake is done baking?
Gently shake the cheesecake, if the cheesecake looks nearly set and only a small area in the center jiggles slightly, it is done. The center will firm up during the cooling time, as it will cook from the residual heat.
How to slice the brownie cheesecake bars?
- Run a long, sharp thin-bladed slicing knife under hot tap water or dip it into a glass of hot water prior to slicing the cheesecake.
- Wipe the knife clean and run it it under hot water before making another cut.
- An easy, mess free way to cut even slices is to use cheese wire or unflavored dental floss. This method can be easily used on cheesecakes baked in a springform pan. Clean the bits that stuck to the wire/floss before very cut.
How to freeze the cheesecake bars?
- Make sure the cheesecake brownie bars have fully cooled.
- Wrap cheesecake bars tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in a heavy-duty freezer bag.
- Properly stored, it will maintain best quality for about 2 to 3 months.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make these Cheesecake Mint Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Recipe:
- Non Stick Baking Pan – I use it for many recipes, brownies, fudge and blondies, the quality is great and it will last you a long time
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – delicious flavor, it will make any chocolate dessert amazing
- Dark Chocolate Melts/Wafers – I love using these for the chocolate ganache as they are so easy to melt
- Mint Extract – a little goes a long way, the mint flavor is refreshing and works perfectly in this chocolaty recipe
- Gel Food Coloring – this set comes in a variety of colors and it won’t add extra water to your recipe
- Parchment Paper – a kitchen staple, it just makes life so much easier with it’s non-stick magical powers
Cheesecake Mint Brownies
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Total time: 1 hr
For the Brownie Layer: