Spicy Garlic Shrimp Recipe with Lemon & Basil
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This spicy garlic shrimp recipe is easy to make and only under 30 minutes, flavorful and delicious, it will become a staple in your house.
Happy Monday my friends, lets all aim for a good and productive week. We plan a short getaway this weekend to Smoky Mountains, Tennessee. We have rented a cabin with some friends so I can’t wait to get there as soon as possible do some hiking, eat smoked ribs and pulled pork. Since we will be there for a few days we are all brainstorming dinner ideas, and this spicy garlic shrimp recipe that my husband makes is the first on the list.
This is the most amazing and delicious recipe for shrimp that you will ever need, its super easy and quick to make, also so versatile, you can adjust the heat level, you can tweak it so it meets your needs. BUUUT, first try it the way it is, ’cause its fabulous. The shrimp are plump and soak all the lemon garlicky goodness, the chili peppers add such a nice hot kick while the basil and parsley balance everything with their freshness and beautiful vibrant green color.
This spicy garlic shrimp recipe is a staple in our house, and usually once a week when we are too tired my husband cooks this comforting dinner, he serves it with a french baguette that we use for dipping and soaking all that juicy and flavorful garlicky sauce.
- 2 pounds medium-large shrimp, peeled
- 2 garlic heads, chopped garlic (heads not cloves)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 dried chili peppers
- 1 fresh jalapeño, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large nonstick heavy skillet over medium-low heat add the oil, when barely starts to simmer add half of the chopped garlic, jalopeno and chili peppers. Adjust the heat to the lowest setting to keep the mixture at that gentle simmer and cook the garlic, stirring occasionally, until the garlic achieves a pale golden color.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet, sprinkle generously with salt, pepper. Cook for 4 minutes and add the lemon juice, wine and the rest of the garlic, stir gently and continuously until the shrimp is just cooked, another 4-6 minutes.
- Taste the mixture and add a little more salt if needed. Keep the pan over very low heat. Sprinkle the basil and parsley on top of the shrimp, turn off the heat, cover the pan and let it stand for 5 minutes before serving, so the herbs will soften a bit.
- Serve with bread for dipping.
I can have this meal every single day!