Red, White & Blue Bacon Feta Potato Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Mayo free and gluten free this Red, White and Blue Bacon Feta Potato Salad is tender, loaded with garlic flavor and beautiful different textures and colors.
Happy Friday guys, how are you?! I am all ready for that long weekend with a few recipes under my belt that I want to make for 4th of July. This Bacon Feta Potato Salad is one of them, and its definitely something that even those who don’t celebrate Independence Day can make this weekend. This Bacon Potato Feta Salad its to die for and will be perfect part of any bbq party or even if you make it for lunch or dinner.
I hit Whole Foods to stock up on some basics, and this is when I saw the super cute mini red, white and blue potatoes. I instantly grabbed some and couldn’t wait to make a festive red, white and blue potato salad. This salad is gluten free, mayo free and its loaded with lots and lots of garlic flavor. We all know that bacon makes everything better, even if you are a non bacon eater, please, let’s still agree on this.
This Bacon Feta Potato Salad is incredibly easy to make, you roast the potatoes, cook the bacon and mix all the delicious ingredients. The potatoes in three different colors add a gorgeous pop of color to this beautiful salad. The potatoes are tender and sweet, with a strong garlic flavor. The bacon adds such a nice crunch, its different texture makes this salad so fun. Every bite is covered in a blanket of creamy, salty, crumbly feta that adds the right amount of creaminess and saltiness. Some dill is added to brighten the dish and for a different color palette.
- 32 ounces mini red, white and blue (purple) potatoes, washed
- 8 ounces organic sliced bacon
- 1 garlic head, minced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 420F.
- Lay parchment paper on the bottom of a baking pan.
- Cup the cleaned mini potatoes in halves and place in the baking pan. Drizzle with 6 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt, pepper and ¾ of the minced garlic. Using your hands combine everything together so all the potatoes are seasoned properly. Distribute the potatoes evenly in the baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, cover a second pan with aluminum foil and place the bacon slices into the pan, without overlaying each other (no oil needed, the bacon will produce its own grease).
- After the potatoes have cooked for 15 minutes, open the oven, carefully mix them with a spatula and return to the oven, also add the bacon pan to a different rack. Cook everything for 15 more minutes.
- Start checking at the 12 minutes mark if the bacon is already cooked.
- Test if the potatoes are done, they must have a soft middle, but shouldn't crumb.
- Remove both pans from oven. Add potatoes to a large bowl.
- Place bacon slices on a cutting board and cut into desired size pieces. Add to the potato bowl.
- Mix the remaining garlic with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add to the salad bowl.
- Add the crumbled feta, chopped dill, gently stir to combine everything, taste and adjust the seasoning by adding more salt if needed.