Oven Roasted Whole Branzino One Pan Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This oven roasted whole branzino recipe makes for an easy and fabulous dinner of tender, juicy fish on a bed of white and sweet roasted potatoes.
Happy Friday, anyone having some fun plans for the weekend? Not much here, except the usual baking, cleaning and maybe one or two trips to the park. The weather has been so nice lately, that I want to enjoy the sunny days as much as possible. Now, onto the food, I have a very easy and delicious recipe for you today for oven roasted whole branzino that has been stuffed with capers, garlic and mini cherry tomatoes. This is a perfect recipe for a weeknight meal, or when you want a fancy looking dish with minimum effort.
We love whole roasted fish in our family and this oven roasted whole branzino recipe is a favorite of ours. It’s so easy to make and it always turns out delicious. It gets bonus points because our little man loves it too. This oven roasted whole branzino recipe is a one pan meal, stuffed fish that sits on a bed of baked white and sweet potatoes. This is a hearty meal, that will leave everyone satisfied.
While yo want to cook it for your family or to you impress your guests, it will sure be a success with the fish lovers. This is a healthy meal, that also taste good and will keep you full for hours.
The capers add a little bitter taste that we love, the cherry tomatoes get soft and juicy, and the garlic adds such a nice flavor. We loved the combination of sweet and white potatoes and we served this oven roasted whole branzino with fresh lemon, micro greens, some fresh basil and an arugula salad on the side.
- For the Fish:
- 4 branzino, cleaned, scaled and gutted
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 8 mini cherry tomatoes
- 2 lemons, cup rondelles
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- For the Potatoes:
- 1 lb. white potatoes, washed and cut into cubes (do not peel if organic)
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, washed and cut into cubes (do not peel if organic)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- Fresh Basil
- Micro Greens
- Lemon rounds
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Season the fish with salt and rub with olive oil inside and out. Stuff the fish with 1 tablespoon of capers, 2 cherry tomatoes that have been halved, 2 garlic cloves and 2 lemon rounds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix potatoes with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the potatoes to a large roasting pan and try to spread them into 1 layer. Top with the bay leaves. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, after flip with a spatula to ensure even browning and roast for another 20 minutes.
- Place the fish on top of the potatoes and roast for 20 - 30 minutes or until the fish is a nice golden color, the flesh is done (check with a fork in the middle of the fish) but still juicy.
- When ready transfer to a serving plate and garnish with lemon rounds, fresh basil and micro greens.