Oreo Cookie Bark requires only two ingredients to make and is loaded with crushed Oreo Cookies. This bark is the easiest treat you can make and is perfect to have during the holiday season. Check out the recipe step by step video below.
If you love Oreos, this dessert is a must try. Not only is the Oreo Cookie Bark delicious, but it’s also perfect to make with your kids. Also, this is the perfect dessert to have for Christmas, it is so creamy, flavorful and loaded with Oreo flavor.
Easy Oreo Cookie Bark
Oreo Cookie Bark can be a great last minute holiday treat for parties or hostess gifts. This dessert is simple to make and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. Every time we watch a Christmas movie such as “Elf”, we make this delicious Oreo Cookie Bark. Our kid is a big helper, but he enjoys eating it the most!
The bark literally takes a few minutes to make, with just two simple ingredients: white chocolate and Oreos. First, you melt the white chocolate. Then, you chop about 10 Oreos in the food processor or chop them finely with a knife. Lastly, you add the Oreo crumbs to the chocolate mixture and refrigerate. In no time, you will have the most delicious and lovely dessert!
What do you need to make Oreo Cookie Bark?
This dessert is probably one of the easiest you can make, it requires just two simple ingredients:
- White chocolate bars or white chocolate chips
How to make Oreo Cookie Bark?
- Line an 11×9 rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place the white chocolate in a bowl and melt according to the package directions.
- Using a food processor, chop/finely ground about 10 Oreos.
- Next, combine melted white chocolate and Oreo crumbs, fold together until just combined.
- Pour the white chocolate mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Add some whole Oreos on top of the melted white chocolate.
- If desired, sprinkle more crushed Oreos on top. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Using a knife, cut it into smaller pieces.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
CAN I MAKE OREO COOKIE BARK IN ADVANCE?
Yes. Making it in advance is a great way to manage some time during the busy holiday season. Once you assemble the Oreo Bark together, cut into smaller pieces and store in the fridge. It’s best to store in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.
Can I use dark chocolate to make Oreo Cookie Bark?
Absolutely. You can swap the white chocolate with dark chocolate. We like using white chocolate since Oreos are already black. This way you have some mixed color contrast, plus it’s a snowy season so we wanted to make it traditionally with some white chocolate. But by any means, feel free to use your favorite type of chocolate.
Can I freeze Oreo Cookie Bark?
- First, cool the cookie bark completely and fully wrap the pieces in plastic wrap, tightly.
- After that, wrap in aluminum foil or add to freezer bags.
- Freeze for up to 2-3 months.
- Defrost before serving. Best to place in the refrigerator the night before serving.
Oreo Cookie Bark Recipe Tips:
- Try using quality chocolate. Since chocolate flavor is front and center here, we recommend you go with the best one.
- Instead of white chocolate chips, you could also use candy coating or CandiQuik. They melt well and taste good.
- It’s a good idea to line your pan with waxed paper as the chocolate won’t stick to it.
- To make Peppermint Oreo Bark, add 1/4 cup of peppermint bits and top the bark with crushed pepper mint.
- Use your favorite flavored Oreos in this recipe!
Watch Recipe Video:
Oreo Cookie Bark
Prep time: 15 minutes Total time: 15 mins