Turkey Grilled Cheese made easy to cook in a large batch using crescent dough sheets. Delicious and fit to feed a crowd with minimum effort!
If you are a grilled cheese fanatic, you should try my crazy good Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese, that is loaded with bacon, ham, two cheeses and topped with a perfect runny egg!
Turkey Grilled Cheese
Turkey Grilled Cheese sandwiches are the perfect, crowd pleasing snack or appetizer! Forget about having to cook grilled cheese sandwiches in batches. Also, how annoying is that the first ones are already cold by the time you finish cooking that last sandwich? Grilled cheese sandwiches are meant to bring happiness, not frustration! Well, at least for me cheese equals happiness. I am sure I am not the only one. These Turkey Grilled Cheese sandwiches are a breeze to make. They are baked using crescent dough sheets, ready in about 30 minutes and you just slice and serve them! Yum!
How to make the perfect Crescent Dough Turkey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches:
- I used two crescent dough sheets, don’t confuse them with puff pastry please! Most grocery stores carry them, they are in the refrigerator, next to biscuit and cookie dough.
- Make sure you use a pan that is NOT larger than 9×13 as you want the crescent dough sheet to fit perfectly.
- I used sliced deli turkey, but you can use any meat. Even leftover roasted chicken or turkey meat, just make sure you shredded it.
- You can skip the meat and make the sandwiches vegetarian.
- Using a nice amount of cheese is obviously key. I used a mix of cheddar and spicy Hot Pepper Cheese, the flavors are absolutely amazing!
- Cook until golden brown, and preferably, serve right away with sour cream for dipping.
Follow Sweet and Savory Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Can you reheat the Turkey Grilled Cheese Sandwich?
To reheat the cheese sandwich in a pan, make sure the pan is hot before placing the sandwich. Put some butter in the pan, and place the Turkey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches on the bottom, and cover with a lid. The lid will help build up the steam. After 2 minutes, flip the sandwich on the other side for another 2 minutes or before the cheese is melted.
Can you use the microwave to reheat the Turkey Grilled Cheese Sandwich?
Yes. wrap the sandwich in a paper towel, which will absorb excess moisture so your grilled cheese doesn’t turn out soggy. Then, put the sandwich on a plate in the microwave for 20-25 seconds, or until the cheese is melted.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 30 mins
- 2 cans Crescent Dough Sheet
- 12 slices hot pepper cheese (or more)
- 12 slices deli turkey (or more)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Very lightly, grease the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan with either oil or butter.
- Open one crescent dough sheet can, gently unroll on work surface.
- Move it to the pan press it onto the bottom of the pan, ensuring it fits well, meaning it should cover the bottom in a perfect rectangular layer.
- Prick with a fork over the surface.
- Top uniformly with the Hot Pepper Cheese, followed by the turkey slices and lastly, sprinkle the cheddar cheese.
- Unroll second can of dough on work surface. Press to form 13x9-inch rectangle, press perforations to seal, and carefully place over cheese.
- Brush with melted butter and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve immediately, garnished with parsley and with sour cream for dipping.