Pistachio Caramel Apple Butter Pancakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Dense and filling Apple Butter Pancakes with a beautiful cinnamon flavor are topped with apple butter, caramel sauce and salty pistachios.
Happy Friday my friends! Who is ready for breakfast in bed? I made Apple Butter Pancakes and you better try them as they are divine! Nothing like a good stack of pancakes to get you going on the weekend. I have opened my new set of sheets from #bedface and had a cozy breakfast in bed with Apple Butter Pancakes and warm apple cider.
I adore apple butter this time of the year, making Apple Butter Pancakes to feed my obsession was a no brainer. These are not your regular fluffy, cake like pancakes, these are super dense, stick to your ribs pancakes, that will keep you full for hours. The pancakes smell of cinnamon, and are topped with extra apple butter that is covered in a layer of warm, sticky caramel sauce.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup apple butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1¼ cups plain kefir
- 1 tablespoon butter - for the skillet
- ¼ cups salted pistachio
- Apple butter
- Warm caramel sauce
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon, set aside.
- Make a well into the dry mixture and add the wet ingredients: vanilla extract, egg, apple butter, kefir and milk. Use a whisk to mix until combined.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, add butter and melt around to cover the pan. Once hot, start cooking the pancakes, ¼ cup per pancake. Turn the pancakes over when the edges start to look firm (about 1-2 minutes). Cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with the rest of the pancake batter until all the pancakes are cooked. Add more butter to the skillet if needed.
- Stack on a plate and top with apple butter, warm caramel sauce and pistachios.
- Serve warm!
Do you feel like eating Pumpkin Pancakes? Check these Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes:
Don’t forget the Apple Cider: