Sweet, glazed Vanilla Bean Muffins that are soft and flavorful. Served with freshly whipped sweet cherry butter on the side.
Vanilla Bean Muffins with Cherry Butter – doesn’t this combo sound amazing? Well, it tastes even better! These Vanilla Bean Muffins are my go to recipe. I like to have some on hand for my toddler to enjoy the morning or as a snack. He loves it when I pack some into his lunch box.
I went ahead and whipped a batch of these Vanilla Bean Muffins for an outdoor brunch that I hosted. Ta take them over the top I served them with Cherry Butter! You will see, people will end up eating the butter with a spoon, its that good! Made with whole cherries, it’s sweet and fabulous, especially paired with a soft muffin.
I absolutely fell in love with the perfect combo of Cherry Kiwi Iced Tea and Vanilla Bean Muffins with Cherry Butter!
Make sure you also check these muffin recipes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 vanilla beans, seeds only
- Cherry Butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup cherries, pitted
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Optional Glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds only
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper cups and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, using a fork beat the egg, stir in milk, oil and vanilla bean seeds. Add the mixture to the flour bowl, and using a spatula or a fork mix quickly until combined. Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack. Let the muffins cool completely before glazing.
- For the glaze, add all the ingredients to a small bowl and mix with a spoon until fully combined and without lumps. The milk must be added 1 tablespoon at a time, if the mixture is too thick keep adding milk 1 tablespoon at a time. Drizzle the glaze over the muffins.
- [b]Cherry Butter:[/b]
- Add the softened butter, ¼ cup of powdered sugar and cherries to the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute, scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and mix for another 20 seconds. Using an ice cream spoon, scoop the batter onto a serving plate.