Bloody Halloween Desserts 4 Ways (VIDEO)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Bloody Halloween Desserts four ways are a fun and easy way to take your Halloween treats to a new scary, delicious and fun level!
These dessert are one fun way to make your Halloween even scarier, spookier and tastier!! The recipe are very easy to make! Impress your friends with the most colorful and bloody dessert table
Here is a fun, 2 minute video of how to make these four desserts!
First is the Bloody Halloween Desserts Chocolate Dipped Apples. The items used are:
Bloody Chocolate Dipped Apples
Bloody Halloween Desserts are easy and fun to make! These spooky Bloody Chocolate Dipped Apples are very easy to make and taste delicious!
- 1 pack white chocolate wafers
- 6 edible candy eyeballs
- 6 edible knives
- 1 blood gel
- 1 pack red candy melts
- 6 apples
- Insert wooden craft sticks or lollipop sticks into the cores of the apples at the stem. Set aside.
- Place the white chocolate into a heat proof glass bowl and set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Dip apples into the melted chocolate, turning to coat completely. Place each apple onto an oreo cookie and let the chocolate settle and harden for about 20 minutes on a surface covered with a sheet of waxed paper.
- Place the red chocolate candy melts into a heat proof glass bowl and set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until melted. Remove from the heat.
- With a spoon, poor some of the red melted chocolate, onto the apples. Let settle for about 10 minutes, for the dripping to stop, garnish with eyeballs and an edible knife.
- Allow apples to set at room temperature until the chocolate is firm, about 20 minutes, before serving.
Second is the Toxic Cupcakes. The items Used are:
- I made the cupcakes and the frosting using this recipe.
- Edible Knives.
- Gel color.
- Large eyeballs.
- Cherry pie filling.
Toxic Bloody Cupcakes
Bloody Halloween Desserts are so spooky and fun! Add color to your dessert table with these scary Toxic Bloody Cupcakes!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- Green Gel Food Color
- 2 cups butter unsalted room temperature
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Orange Gel Food Color
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees and add cupcake liners to a cupcake/muffin pan.
- To a large bowl add: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs to a mixer bowl and whisk until fully combined, about 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until well combined. Stop once to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Slowly, with the mixer on low speed, add gel food color and the water to the batter and mix just until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
- The batter is thin, I find it easier to add it to a pancake dispenser, this makes filling the cupcakes liners much easier.
- Fill the cupcake liners just a little over half and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs NOT raw batter. In my oven, the cupcakes were perfectly done at the 20 minutes mark. Do NOT open the oven until 15 minutes have passed. Start checking on the cupcakes at the 15 minutes mark. If you are baking mini cupcakes, they may be done in 9-12 minutes, start checking after 9 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Cut a small well into the cupcake and add one tablespoon of cherry pie filling, cover with the cutted top.
- Add butter to a large mixer bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add 4 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk, mix until smooth.
- Add the remaining 4 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Garnish with sparkling red gel, an eyeball and a knife.
Start checking on the cupcakes at the 15 minute baking mark, every oven is different and if the muffin tin is larger, it may take up to 20-25 minutes for the cupcakes to be fully baked.
Thirdly is the Bloody Halloween Desserts Brownie Ghost Graves. The items used are:
- I made the brownies using this recipe, skipped the walnuts and added some cherry pie filling.
Bloody Ghost Graves
Bloody Halloween Desserts are so fun and spooky, serve some scary and delicious Bloody Ghost Graves at your next Halloween party!
- soft butter or baking spray for greasing the pan
- 8 large eggs
- 1½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 16 ounces 4 sticks unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups cocoa sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour sifted
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cherry pie filling
- 12 marshmallow ghosts
- Sparkling red gel
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place a baking sheet (parchment paper) in an 9x12 inch pan so it covers the bottom and 2 sides (to facilitate the brownie removal). Butter the pan and set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with the wire whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow, add the white and brown sugar and beat until combined. Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the pan, add and stir in the cherry pie filling. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the pan, it should come out with just a few crumbles attached. I find that 40 minutes in my oven for this recipe is perfect timing.
- When done, remove from oven and place the pan on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, cut into rectangles and using a small tea spoon, make small well into the brownies.
- Cut the bottom of the ghosts, with a torch melt the bottom just a bit. Secure the ghosts into the wells, garnish with sparkling red gel.
Lastly, is the Bloody Halloween Desserts Witch Fingers. The items used are:
- Orange Cake Mix.
- Vanilla Frosting.
- Red frosting – blood.
- Chocolate Frosting – dirt.
- Silvered Almonds – nails.
Bloody Witch Fingers
Bloody Halloween Desserts are not only spooky but also deliciously scary. These Bloody Witch fingers are no bake and require just a few ingredients!
- Orange Cake Mix
- 2 cups vanilla frosting store bought
- 1 tube red frosting store brought
- silvered almonds
- melted chocolate or chocolate frosting
- white frosting
- Add Orange Cake Mix to a larger bowl, mix in vanilla frosting. Add frosting little by little, mix in with a fork or using your hands, until you achieve play dough" consistency. The dough should be easy to work with and not stick to your hands.
- Take about 1/2 cup of dough and shape it into a smooth ball, press it into a long log, and shape it to resemble a finger.
- Place it on a waxed paper covered cookie sheet. With your fingers lightly press onto one end of the finger to create space for the nail. Add just a bit of white frosting, and top with a silvered almond, that will resemble a nail.
- Garnish the fingers with red frosting and some chocolate frosting.
- Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving.
To be safe and avoid e-coli contamination, you should heat treat the four if you intend to consume it raw. Please read here more about it.