No Bake Coconut Energy Bites with Dates – Sugar Free
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan No Bake Coconut Energy Bites with Dates – Sugar Free, Peanut Free. With pine nuts and toasted coconut flakes, great snack, quick breakfast or dessert.
When in an office for over 50 hours a week, it is crucial that I have healthy snacks to hold me over. These No Bake Coconut Energy Bites are full of delicious, healthy ingredients like: oatmeal, dates, walnuts and chia seeds. I added some coconut butter for a more tropical flavor, and to also to make them taste more on the dessert side. The energy bites are sugar-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, vegan and no bake.
A great, chewy and crunchy texture is achieved by adding some pine nuts and toasted coconut to the mix. As you can see, these are not your “usual” energy bites. I avoided using any common nut butters like peanut butter or almond butter. Using only coconut butter made the bites taste lighter, with a great buttery texture.
These No Bake Coconut Energy Bites will give you a nice boost of Omega 3 from chia seeds and walnuts. They are also covered in vegan and gluten free cookie crumbs to avoid sticky fingers. I like how easy they are to make, grind a few ingredients, mix everything in one bowl, scoop, refrigerate and eat. I thinks the bites taste better straight from the fridge, since at room temperature the coconut butter tends to have a softer texture.
Enjoy some for breakfast, as a snack, or to tame a sweet tooth! These are husband and toddler approved!
Try the Vegan No Bake Cashew Chocolate Truffles for a guilt free dessert!
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup walnuts
- 10 dates, pit removed
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ toasted coconut flakes
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 7 vegan vanilla cookies, grinded
- In a food processor, grind the oats finely. Place in a medium bowl.
- Grind the walnuts and dates until a soft mass is achieved, transfer to the bowl. Add warm coconut butter, coconut flakes, pine nuts, maple syrup and chia seeds.
- Stir all ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for 20 mins.
- Grind the vanilla cookies into crumbs.
- Once the dough chilled, form balls of whatever size you would like and roll thru the cookie crumbs.
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.