Heirloom Tomato Pizza is embracing the best summer produce with mini sweet peppers, fresh mozzarella and pepperoni.
Heirloom Tomato Pizza
For this Heirloom Tomato Pizza I made the dough in advance and I froze it. All I had to do next day, is take it from the freezer, roll it, top it with mouth watering ingredients, and bake it. Then, enjoy a glorious pizza made in 30 minutes. You can’t beat that! For instance, take-out usually takes longer and doesn’t taste that good and fresh!
I always wanted to make a Heirloom Tomato and Basil Pizza, because these are my two “go to” summer ingredients. I always have them on hand. In addition, they pair well with cheese, crusty bread, salty pepperoni and the cutest mini sweet peppers. Also, I adore heirloom tomatoes, and I have a slight obsession with mini sweet peppers. They are so good and at the peak of their sweetness. They are perfect roasted on top of this heirloom tomato pizza as their buttery, soft and sweet taste makes for the best combo with the salty pepperoni. Lastly, I add some basil to the pizza, for a perfect dinner serve.
Why you will love Heirloom Tomato Pizza
- First, its very easy to make at home.
- Also, the ingredients mix is very flavorful and the colors are just amazing.
- It’s also a cheap and healthier alternative to conventional take out pizza.
- Can be made with whole wheat, for healthier option.
- Lastly, you will have tasty and delicious left overs.
This Heirloom Tomato Pizza has been by far one of the most flavorful pizzas I have had in a while. I highly recommend that you use fresh mozzarella, this pizza is basically a baked caprese salad. Also, if you want to be all fancy pants, drizzle some balsamic reduction over it before serving.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make the Homemade Heirloom Tomatoes Pizza Recipe:
- Pizza Stone – I like the this one has handles, so it goes from the oven to the table
- Rectangular Pizza Stone – if you are looking for a rectangular pizza stone, this one is a great option. Again, I am a huge fan of the handles.
- Pizza Pan – a cheaper alternative, I have one and I use it all the time, its very light weight and easy to use.
- Baking Steel – I have this one, I know its a bit more expensive, but I guarantee you that it will last you forever and you will be very happy using it. We personally love it!
- Pizza Cutter – I like the slightly bended design, it’s sturdy and it cuts perfect slices.
Heirloom Tomato Pizza
Prep time: 1 hour Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 1 hr 25 mins