Gingerbread Cookie Bars
Gingerbread Cookie Bars combine holiday spices with butter, molasses, and brown sugar for a decadent flavor during the days of Christmas.
Servings 12 bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to almost at room temperature
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened to almost at room temperature
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Holiday sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a 13 by a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and set it aside.
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
In a large bowl, using a mixer, blend together butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and molasses until fully combined.
Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
With the mixer on low speed slowly blends in the flour mixture, mix just until combined.
Give the batter a few stirs with a spatula and transfer it into the prepared dish, press it into an even layer using your hands.
Bake for about 15 - 17 minutes, careful not to over-bake. Transfer the baking dish to a wire rack and let the bars cool completely before adding the frosting.
In a large bowl, using a stand or electric mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy. If. too soft, add more sugar, 1/2 cup at a time.
Spread the frosting over cooled bars and immediately garnish with sprinkles.
Chill for at least one hour and after that cut into squares and serve.
Calories: 626kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 433mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 80g | Vitamin A: 906IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg