Cherry Pie Filling
Cherry Pie Filling is prepared with cherries, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, and almond extract. It takes 5 ingredients and about 20 minutes to make!
Servings 4 cups
- 6 cups fresh pitted cherries about 3 pounds - or frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Place a medium to large saucepan over medium heat. Add to it the cherries, water, lemon juice, zest, sugar and cornstarch. Stir very well.
- The recipe makes enough filling to fill a 9" pie crust.
- Keep in mind, if you use tart cherries, adjust the amount of sugar, add more.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 77g | Vitamin A: 133IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg