The Best Pineapple Casserole Recipe
Pineapple Casserole is a classic Southern casserole made with sugar, pineapple, cheese and butter Ritz crackers. A sweet and savory side dish, that is always a huge hit.
Servings 8 people
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg optional
- 3 cups sharp cheddar grated and divided
- 2 cans (20 oz each) pineapple chunks drained
- 6 tablespoons pineapple juice reserved from the can
- 1 1/2 cups cracker crumbs I used Ritz crackers
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter for greasing the pan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Use the 1 tablespoon of butter to grease a medium-size casserole dish. My casserole dish is 12.25 x 2.5-inches.
In a large bowl, stir together the white sugar, brown sugar, flour and nutmeg is using. Gradually stir in 2 cups of cheddar cheese.
Add the well drained pineapple chunks, reserved pineapple juice and stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
Top with the remaining 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs with melted butter, until well blended. Spread the crumb mixture on top of the casserole.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 512kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 369mg | Potassium: 276mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 860IU | Vitamin C: 14.4mg | Calcium: 370mg | Iron: 1.9mg