Instant Pot Mexican Rice
Instant Pot Mexican Rice is a dump and cook recipe made with long-grain white rice, veggies, and lots of taco seasoning.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 carrot cleaned and diced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or veggie broth
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup corn kernels frozen or from a can (drained)
Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Drain very well.
Turn Instant Pot to saute and once hot add the oil.
Once the oil is shimmering, add rice and saute, stirring very often, until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
Turn off Sauet mode.
Lock lid and turn valve to sealed position.
Pressuree cook for 3-4 minutes (3 minutes for tender, or 4 minutes for softer rice).
Once done, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, after that releease remaining pressure manually.
Fluff the rice with a fork, cover with the lid and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
Serve topped with chopped parsley, avocado, sour cream and salsa.
- Make sure you rinse the rice to remove the extra starch.
- You can dump and cook this recipe, but sauteing the rice will result in better texture and flavor overall.
- Use more taco seasoning if desired.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 426mg | Potassium: 226mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1849IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg