Lemon Poke Cake
Lemon Poke Cake is fluffy and light, stuffed with lemon curd, creamy milk pudding, and topped with a homemade lemon whip.
Servings 12 slices
- 1 box White cake mix Lemon or Yellow cake mix also work
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 lemons zested
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 box 3 ounces lemon Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 small box lemon instant pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups lemon curd
Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Combine all Lemon Cake ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.
Mix lemon Jell-O with boiling water and cool to room temperature.
When the cake is done, use the back of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake.
Pour lemon Jell-o mixture on top of the cake into the holes.
Next spread the lemon curd evenly on top.
Mix the instant pudding mix with cold milk together until thick, and then IMMEDIATELY pour over the cake. Refrigerate the cake for a few hours or better overnight.
Beat heaving whipping cream with the lemon zest and powdered sugar until stiff and spread over the cooled cake.
Top with lemon slices chill for one more hour and serve.
- Fill the holes on the warm cake, not when it has already cooled down. This way, the sponge absorbs it better and you get a moist and flavorful texture, not a soggy one.
- Move quickly right after mixing the instant pudding, because you don’t want it to solidify before it gets a chance to get absorbed.
- For a more beautiful presentation, decorate with these Chocolate Dipped Candied Lemons!
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 262IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 1mg